• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I bought my boy a ttr-50 for his birthday. Got it home and cleaned up the carb. It fired right up... but i'm getting a lot of blue/white smoke out the pipe. I've had to clean the plug twice and it's real wet with black when I do. What do ya'll think is causing this issue... My pop in law said the carb probably needs tuned. I might need to get the manual and get the air/fuel screw set in correct location. Would this cause all the smoke? Or my rings shot? :banghead:

Thanks for any info
    Gun Zone Deals

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Blue smoke is usually rings, black or grey smoke is running too rich. You could possibly have both bad rings and running too rich... Can you tell if the wetness on your plug is fuel or oil?

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I would say oil. I was afraid of it being the rings. Wonder if I can pressure test the cylinder like a car?

Sounds like you don't need to pressure test it. Maybe you have a friend who can rebuild that upper?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Last edited:

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    http://www.fast50s.com/i-18695575-t...kit-54mm-z50-xr50-crf50-xr70-crf70-ttr50.html

Good thing is the wrist pin is free floating. It doesn't have to be pressed out. The piston on can be switched out without having to take the connecting rod out the motor. Pull the head and cylinder. Replace the piston and rings, home the cylinder bore. Stick it back together. Researching the bike, smoking is a common problem.

Thanks for the link and i'll go read some threads.

Top Bottom