• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    I was looking at a sample ballot for this election, 2021, the amendments are confusing to me. They seem to be written in legalese, I don't understand them. Can someone give a link explaining them? Maybe it's my age but I don't get them.
    Venture Surplus ad

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas

Call themselves the Freedom Caucus, but the first ballot issue is allowing rodeo to have a raffle and they are against it cause they are against gambling in general.

Not how freedom works.

“We are against expanding gambling in Texas, in any form,” said Caucus member Rep. Valoree Swanson. “We think this amendment helps chip away at the prohibition on gambling in Texas, so we are recommending a no on this amendment.”

1911'S 4 Me

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2018
    Humble
    Call themselves the Freedom Caucus, but the first ballot issue is allowing rodeo to have a raffle and they are against it cause they are against gambling in general.

Not how freedom works.

“We are against expanding gambling in Texas, in any form,” said Caucus member Rep. Valoree Swanson. “We think this amendment helps chip away at the prohibition on gambling in Texas, so we are recommending a no on this amendment.”
    That is why I will vote yes tomorrow.

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area

Not how freedom works.

I know, I know, but freedom doesn't mean freedom to do evil... and their core values lead them to believe that gambling is a vice.

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    freedom means freedom.

They are on the wrong side of freedom on several of the issues.
    Yeah, I didn't post it because of how I'm personally going to vote on that first amendment. Do you have a better preferred source with info on the amendments??? I was just posting this as a starting point.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Yeah, I didn't post it because of how I'm personally going to vote on that first amendment. Do you have a better preferred source with info on the amendments??? I was just posting this as a starting point.

I was not attacking it as a source, just the hypocrisy of the group name.

eta

The idea my local Rodeo can not raffle off a gun because that is "gambling" is preposterous on its face. Almost everyone I know views raffles as donations.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I know, I know, but freedom doesn't mean freedom to do evil... and their core values lead them to believe that gambling is a vice.

freedom means freedom.

They are on the wrong side of freedom on several of the issues.
    @Renegade is correct. Freedom is about choices. Granted, gambling is a vice without a doubt. But as individuals, we can make the choice to choose to gamble or not to. No one forces someone to gamble.

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    I was not attacking it as a source, just the hypocrisy of the group name.

eta

The idea my local Rodeo can not raffle off a gun because that is "gambling" is preposterous on its face. Almost everyone I know views raffles as donations.
    I do as well... do that at the Oakalla VFD whenever I can get down for their events.

Top Bottom