• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bob Loblaw

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    Buda, Tx
    I keep getting bullets stuck in the pipe. I'm using a glock 23, probably 3000 rounds fired. I've had this happen with several different bullets, probably 5 times. Using a lee single stage, COAL 1.135 using titegroup accuracy load. The cartridge that sticks makes a pop in the breech and a flash but doesn't cycle (thank god). Also the case doesn't bulge like normal (stock, unsupported chamber) and is covered in black.
    Capitol Armory ad

Tired Retired

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    DFW Area
    Sounds basic, but how are you measuring your powder? You may not have placed the correct powder load in the case before seating the bullet. The only squib load I had was over 25 years ago in a .38 case. Ever since then I only batch load (vice progressive load) and I inspect every case with a flashlight to ensure that the powder is at the same level visually prior to seating the bullet.

Also, is there unfired powder present? You didnt say what your powder load is. If it is too small for the volume of the case, the powder will lay on the bottom of the case horizontally and you may get only a partial ignition due to lack of pressure build-up.

Unburned powder will also be present if your primer didn't function properly. You may want to check your primer lots and see if this is occurring all with the same lot of primers. Maybe they are contaminated or were improperly stored.

You may want to try a different load, different primers or different powder and see if the same thing happens.

robocop10mm

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    Round Rock
    Typical squib load. This could be caused by a number of things. Bad primers. Bad powder. No powder or way too little powder. Chemical residue in the case fouling the powder (I have heard Flitz can do this). The black sooty residue you are seeing tells me it is likely no powder, just primer.

I have been loading for 30+ years and have 1 or 2 squib loads. Go back and make sure your powder measure is throwing consistant charges. If you are loading single stage, visually inspect the charged cases prior to seating the bullet. When in doubt, re-weigh the charge.

Bob Loblaw

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    Buda, Tx
    hodg titegroup, using a cheap lee powder drop and CCI primers. Different weight bullets, all set to the the accuracy load suggested in a cabela's manual. No powder left in the case. I'm going to chalk it up to the titegroup, maybe there were some light loads, it wouldn't be hard to miss since it's only a 4.9gr load with a 155gr. I've since switched to win autocomp.

Top Bottom