• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dingo

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 27, 2021
    DFW
    Someone told me there are folk that use ultra sonic cleaning, then oil quench, for cleaning.
    anyone know of a company like that? i think they may offer memberships
    thanks for any input
    Guns International

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Why would you oil quench? Are you trying to harden the steel?

I think he probably meant an oil wipe-down after it came out of the sonic cleaner. Most use warm or hot water, and water based type cleaner to clean the items in the sonic cleaner.

Or at least I hope so.

If a person is in need of a sonic cleaner, check out Harbor Freight.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I’m not asking for anyone‘s opinion on if they think it is right or wrong. And I won’t justify my reasons, if you can’t or don’t want to answer the question, then shut up and move on.

I'd suggest you slack off the attitude a bit. You asked a question, and your reasons are your own and you are entitled to them, but to think others ain't going to offer theirs is a bit naive on your part. It's an open forum, and people are going to offer opinions. Some related to your question, some not.

My advice, you have a couple of choices. Either don't ask questions, or move past the replies that aren't up to your standards. But telling other members to shut up and move on, is not a really good move on your part.

Dingo

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 27, 2021
    DFW
    I'd suggest you slack off the attitude a bit. You asked a question, and your reasons are your own and you are entitled to them, but to think others ain't going to offer theirs is a bit naive on your part. It's an open forum, and people are going to offer opinions. Some related to your question, some not.

My advice, you have a couple of choices. Either don't ask questions, or move past the replies that aren't up to your standards. But telling other members to shut up and move on, is not a really good move on your part.
    I suggest you move along as well bro, again, if you don’t have an answer to the question, I’m not interested in your opinion.
    if I was looking for opinions on cleaning, then I would have asked.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    When someone, without any regard for the marital standing of the OP nor for common courtesy, gives a totally asinine and extremely disrespectful reply (regardless as to whether or not it was serious written or said in jest), that:

Having someone else clean your gun is like having someone else service your wife!

I readily see why the OP gave this reply as a comeback:

I’m not asking for anyone‘s opinion on if they think it is right or wrong. And I won’t justify my reasons, if you can’t or don’t want to answer the question, then shut up and move on.

The OP's reply was quite mild in its indignation in comparison to that offensive and mean spirited one. If someone were to make such a potentially offensive statement, that by way of implication clearly could be taken to insult not only you (generic) but your spouse, you (generic) probably would act as if your panties were tied in a huge wad that was stuck up your crack and you would howl as if a flaming arrow had pierced your butt. Yet for some unfathomable reason, some folks would defend that repellent response, to the original question, when it contradicts any and all conduct that conforms to what was once an accepted standard of right versus wrong and of decency:

With all due respect, I ask: Have we actually fallen to the level where telling someone (with whom we already are not arguing and who has not first offended us personally) that: "Having someone else clean your gun is like having someone else service your wife!" is acceptable or defensible as a reply? I mean really now, think about that because in essence that is what was just done by the quote immediately above this paragraph. Was it a good move to imply the OP's spouse as being promiscuous or that having another person clean the OPs guns is one and the same as sex between the OP's spouse and another person (other than the OP) because the person who replied with that to the OP said so and because that person is a long time forum member!

It is all well and fine that someone offer their replies and opinion(s) in responce to another's post(s) but to say that someone should "...shut up and move on..." in the face of such an abhorrently insulting post, instead of allowing them to reply as did the OP without the vulgarity of that detestable sex with the wife reply, shows a proclivity toward the allowance and defense of loathsome behavior. That is especially so since the OP did not at first post a thread that should have been seen as offensive to anyone even if, somehow, someone thought it less than appropriate or ridiculous.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Kinda neat how the first two posters in this thread joined a week apart, and both posted within 10 minutes.
    Y'all must be on the same wavelength.

To the op: unlike some places on the net, buying a supporter tag here does not protect you from the admins or even the mods. Being an insufferable dick is one of the most popular ways to earn a ban around here.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    When someone, without any regard for the marital standing of the OP nor for common courtesy, gives a totally asinine and extremely disrespectful reply (regardless as to whether or not it was serious written or said in jest), that:

I readily see why the OP gave this reply as a comeback:

The OP's reply was quite mild in its indignation in comparison to that offensive and mean spirited one. If someone were to make such a potentially offensive statement, that by way of implication clearly could be taken to insult not only you (generic) but your spouse, you (generic) probably would act as if your panties were tied in a huge wad that was stuck up your crack and you would howl as if a flaming arrow had pierced your butt. Yet for some unfathomable reason, some folks would defend that repellent response, to the original question, when it contradicts any and all conduct that conforms to what was once an accepted standard of right versus wrong and of decency:

With all due respect, I ask: Have we actually fallen to the level where telling someone (with whom we already are not arguing and who has not first offended us personally) that: "Having someone else clean your gun is like having someone else service your wife!" is acceptable or defensible as a reply? I mean really now, think about that because in essence that is what was just done by the quote immediately above this paragraph. Was it a good move to imply the OP's spouse as being promiscuous or that having another person clean the OPs guns is one and the same as sex between the OP's spouse and another person (other than the OP) because the person who replied with that to the OP said so and because that person is a long time forum member!

It is all well and fine that someone offer their replies and opinion(s) in responce to another's post(s) but to say that someone should "...shut up and move on..." in the face of such an abhorrently insulting post, instead of allowing them to reply as did the OP without the vulgarity of that detestable sex with the wife reply, shows a proclivity toward the allowance and defense of loathsome behavior. That is especially so since the OP did not at first post a thread that should have been seen as offensive to anyone even if, somehow, someone thought it less than appropriate or ridiculous.

Holy moly its getting deep in here.

It was a good one. A zinger, a hyperbolic analogy. It's getting to where someone can't take a shit without pissing someone off.

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    I can do what you are asking for. I'll even offer a lifetime membership.

Membership fee of $10,000.00 due upon agreement of services.

Membership discount of $750.00 per firearm to be cleaned.

ALL firearms are to be disassembled by owner prior to cleaning.

Any damage incurred to pieces parts are the responsibility of firearm owner.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom