• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    can't say you're wrong. Though I wouldn't consider $5-7k huge.

same reason I need more than 1 gun. It's enjoyable.

My assumptions are
    1) It's a v10, most want diesel
    2)Its 2wd, most want 4wd
    3)probably the biggest, they are not responding to messages on Facebook, they said to call the phone #. Facebook Marketplace puts [information removed] where someone puts their # in. So they've had this for sale for awhile and can't figure out why it's not selling. Facebook Messenger shows they haven't even seen my message.
    I'm just smart enough to have zoomed in on a pic and seen their phone number on a for sale sign.
    I bought a 2wd Expedition EL a few months ago. Really got under my skin buying a 2wd, automatic vehicle for me but made sense. Sure I would have rather had a 4wd but that one was going to be several thousand more and had higher mileage. Didn’t get my favorite color combination either but it works for me. Also traded in my ‘94 extended cab 1500 Silverado, with the 6.5, and auto with 2wd. Hated giving up truck capabilities but now I can haul all the kids and not drive her minivan. I hardly hauled anything anyway.

The Excursion doesn’t seem bad for exactly the reasons you listed, it’s not the most desirable but it will do the job. I considered that exact model and would have bought over my Expedition had one been available with low miles.

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    I bought a 2wd Expedition EL a few months ago. Really got under my skin buying a 2wd, automatic vehicle for me but made sense. Sure I would have rather had a 4wd but that one was going to be several thousand more and had higher mileage. Didn’t get my favorite color combination either but it works for me. Also traded in my ‘94 extended cab 1500 Silverado, with the 6.5, and auto with 2wd. Hated giving up truck capabilities but now I can haul all the kids and not drive her minivan. I hardly hauled anything anyway.

The Excursion doesn’t seem bad for exactly the reasons you listed, it’s not the most desirable but it will do the job. I considered that exact model and would have bought over my Expedition had one been available with low miles.
    biggest drawbacks would be if I ever needed to haul a fridge or multiple sofas. Which is rare.

Dirt or soil I could rent a trailer if I really needed to. But that's really a one time thing. Bags of soil from the store should suffice after that.

One other "downside" is the excursion 1 1/2 hours away. Not terrible but takes a little finesse to check it out, and a 2nd trip once USAA overnights me a check.

The Excursions that are closer have considerably higher mileage.

2wd might not get me out of the mud, but it should ride better. Also with the excursion, that means TTB front end vs a Dana 60, so it should be a smoother ride.

Ultimately a big factor will be how either drives, shows, and how negotiable the sellers are.

Sent from my SIG Sauer

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth

wife has a 2007 Navigator L right now. Had a 2006 before this. The cargo space on these. extended vehicles should be standard. The 2006 with 3 rows of seating couldn't fit hardly anything - and at the time we had 4 kids in car seats and 2 double strollers.

Her next Navigator (18+) will almost certainly be the "L" again and preferably 4wd. We're hoping the price on a fully loaded 2018 with decent mileage will be in the $50k neighborhood by mid 2020. I don't think I'll be comfortable with the monthly payment on anything over $60k.

Sent from my SIG Sauer

Top Bottom