• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jetcycles

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Shoreacres, TX
    My Special Purchase 1-6 arrived today and the optic and box are indeed marked "Made in the Philippines", gonna mount the optic in an Arken mount I had laying around and try to hit TX City Municipal Thursday or Friday. This should be darn near impossible to beat for $200 unless you REALLY need a daylight bright illuminated reticle.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

D0ntTr3@d0nM3

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2024
    Richmond, TX
    My Special Purchase 1-6 arrived today and the optic and box are indeed marked "Made in the Philippines", gonna mount the optic in an Arken mount I had laying around and try to hit TX City Municipal Thursday or Friday. This should be darn near impossible to beat for $200 unless you REALLY need a daylight bright illuminated reticle.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
    Yeah hopefully it will all work out for me too. I haven't really used many scopes so we shall see. I just had surgery so I won't be able to hit up tx city this week at all. I can't do any lifting or anything for about 2 weeks. They didn't stitch me they used surgical glue so I have to be more careful to not pop open my incisions lol.

psledoux

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2015
    I am in need of new optics for my AR Rifle. I have used EOTECH holographic in the past. But now I am wondering if I should try a Trijicon ACOG. Is the ACOG similar to the eotech holographic w magnifier, but all in one? Is there anything else you would recommend? I would eventually like to get something for long range, but I don't think this rifle is for that purpose. Its main purpose is home defense and some target shooting.
    I would recommend the Holosun AEMS in Green on American Defense Manufacturing NV QD Mount. Great optic for home defense. Less money than the EOTech. I use it on a CMMG Banshee MKGS in 9mm. The night vision mount makes it easier on my neck. I have the ACOG 3.5x35mm (battery) horse shoe optic in red on my 5.56. I wish I would have gotten it in green reticle. I plan on mounting a Holosun HE509 circle dot on 45 angled mounts for close target acquisitions. Hope that helps. I prefer the green reticles due to astigmatism. Green reticle is sharp and clear. Red reticle results in star bursts.

psledoux

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2015
    Thanks for your recommendations.
    First off I am jealous of your list. The ACOG I've looking at is green dual illumination donut. have you tried the green versions at all? I've been torn on green/red when looking at the eotech too. I've owned the red eotech holographic/magnifier combo before and liked it, but that was 7 or so years ago. Eye relief is one of the things I'm worried about. But I guess if it doesn't work I can always take it back.

Thanks again
    That's the horse shoe of death. I recommend it in green. The 3.5x35 has the best eye relief. The green reticle is very crisp and easy to see. I would recommend either the donut/horseshoe or the Chevron in green. Both are very good.

Last edited:

bigwojman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2023
    Houston
    I am in need of new optics for my AR Rifle. I have used EOTECH holographic in the past. But now I am wondering if I should try a Trijicon ACOG. Is the ACOG similar to the eotech holographic w magnifier, but all in one? Is there anything else you would recommend? I would eventually like to get something for long range, but I don't think this rifle is for that purpose. Its main purpose is home defense and some target shooting.
    Such a great bunch of comments / suggestions. I will limit my comment to the Eotech option you already had. I have several different Eotech optics of different vintages. Unfortunately, two of them crapped out; one was just old (18 years) and one the coating on the objective started to crack. Eotech support is phenomenal and helped me to get my optics replaced. My point is that while I own Eotech, the quality and durability of Eotech does not compare to ACOG. Good luck.

Top Bottom