ARJ Defense ad

Need recomendations for a shop to refinish a beater revolver in Houston. Thank you.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • btp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Houston
    I picked up a Taurus model 80 for pretty cheap and it is growing on me. I stripped all the remaining bluing along with the rust off and I'd really like to get it either blued or parkerized. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Billy
    Target Sports

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Re: Need recomendations for a shop to refinish a beater revolver in Houston. Thank yo

I'd go for Duracoat or something like that before those two options. It is way more durable and takes a beating better.

Kyle

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Conroe
    Re: Need recomendations for a shop to refinish a beater revolver in Houston. Thank yo

I'd go for Duracoat or something like that before those two options. It is way more durable and takes a beating better.

Agreed! Not to mention that you can do it yourself for pretty cheap! I just finished duracoating a bunch of my stuff last night

CanTex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Pflugerville

+1 for Duracoat.

However, if you are looking for a blue finish and have already stripped it down yourself. Why not try a cold blue kit? for the money they are inexpensive and easy to use. Also easy to re-do if you make a mistake. As you said, it is a beater gun. Best type to practice on or learn a new skill.

Top Bottom