• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pbpvusa

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2015
    Plano, Tx
    You're worried about your house being burglarized while you're gone?

I don't have many stuff of values in my house, maybe my tv, computer. I am worried about my handguns getting stolen and any issues with cops because of that. I got the NRA insurance which covers upto $2500 for NRA members, My guns together have a value of $800, so I am covered even if I lose them. I am just worried about legal headaches. I have left my home several times for weeks before and this is the first time I have guns at my house and going on vacation so I am just looking to stash it in a safe place.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    I don't have many stuff of values in my house, maybe my tv, computer. I am worried about my handguns getting stolen and any issues with cops because of that. I got the NRA insurance which covers upto $2500 for NRA members, My guns together have a value of $800, so I am covered even if I lose them. I am just worried about legal headaches. I have left my home several times for weeks before and this is the first time I have guns at my house and going on vacation so I am just looking to stash it in a safe place.

What do you mean? Legal headaches? It's no different than getting your tv stolen.

Got to agree, you would be no more liable if someone where to steal your gun and harm another then if they did the same with your car. I think you are over thinking this personally.

Here's another suggestion. Being that you only have 2 handguns, wrap them up and put them in one of your air ducts. No burglar is going to bother taking off vent covers looking for something they don't know is definitely there. Like Shortround said earlier, unless it's an inside job or someone that knows when you will be home, generally burglars are in and out. They don't stick around trying to out think you.

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    Take them to a gunsmith for a cleaning. Pick them up when you get back.

Reminds me of the blonde joke.........

A blonde walks into a bank in New York City and asks for the loan officer. She says she’s going to Europe on business for two weeks and needs to borrow $5,000. The bank officer says the bank will need some kind of security for the loan, so the blonde hands over the keys to a new Rolls Royce. The car is parked on the street in front of the bank; she has the title, and everything checks out. The bank agrees to accept the car as collateral for the loan. The bank’s president and its officers all enjoy a good laugh at the blonde for using a $250,000 Rolls as collateral against a $5,000 loan. An employee of the bank then drives the Rolls into the bank’s underground garage and parks it there. Two weeks later, the blonde returns and repays the $5,000 and the interest, which comes to $15.41. The loan officer says, “Miss, we are very happy to have had your business, and this transaction has worked out very nicely; but we are a little puzzled. We checked you out and found that you are a multimillionaire. What puzzles us is - why would you bother to borrow $5,000?” The blond replies…..“Where else in New York City can I park my car for two weeks for only $15.41 and expect it to be there when I return?”

bob

pbpvusa

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2015
    Plano, Tx
    Got to agree, you would be no more liable if someone where to steal your gun and harm another then if they did the same with your car. I think you are over thinking this personally.

Here's another suggestion. Being that you only have 2 handguns, wrap them up and put them in one of your air ducts. No burglar is going to bother taking off vent covers looking for something they don't know is definitely there. Like Shortround said earlier, unless it's an inside job or someone that knows when you will be home, generally burglars are in and out. They don't stick around trying to out think you.

I am just going to stash it in my attic and I think it should be ok. Thanks for the info.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom