• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I like the higher end stuff & aint afraid of putting in extra hours to buy it. My highest end is an Elcan Specter DR. It's on my Colt IAR upper for the M16A2. I have 2 Aimpoints Comp 4's, a Zeiss Z-point & a Trijicon RMR.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    There’s a solution for every price point, which is the point of capitalism.

On a whim, I decided to see what I could wrong out of a super budget AR build.

The TRS-25 sitting in that little gun has worked just fine for its intended purpose.

And this coming from a guy used to ACOGs and PEQ-15s.

Ozzman

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 17, 2015
    El Paso, Texas
    Hear me out: I own a Vortex Strike Fire II and have it on my PSA M4 build at the moment.
    It works well and hits POA, but this is not my preferred choice.

Now......

I am going to get flamed here, but I also have two TRU GLOW Tru-Bright 30 series Red Dot's on a few of my other AR's and they shoot just as good as the higher dollar Vortex. I actually prefer 30 series when it comes to style, profile, and weight. I have yet to replace the batteries on these and I have owned them for more than 2 years with off and on weekend shooting. They hold tight and keep POA and will ding steel consistently between 25 to 200 yards with .223 or 5.56.

I will buy these again if needed, and recommend them to anyone needing an accurate/functional Red Dot.

popo22

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    I work for a large dept. and we tested the Vortex RDS' and now do not allow our Officers to use them while "on-duty". During our T&E of different "RDS'" not a single Vortex RDS could complete our rifle class, so they we eliminated as option. I really like Vortex "scopes" but the "RDS'" weren't robust enough to survive.
    Aimpoints, Sig Romeo's, Eotec's, Mepro's all did well and were acceptable. Even some Holosun's did well but still not allowed for "duty carry (RDS snobs I guess).

Top Bottom