• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TxSkye

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2008
    Hico, TX
    Hey everybody.
    I'm buying my brother another gun for christmas. So far it's been a 30/30 and a AK-47 since we made a deal to buy each other guns for christmas.
    He has bought me a XD Springfield 9MM. I really want to raise the bar this christmas. I'm thinking a nice benelli, or comparable pump 12 ga. My budget is $800. To be honest, he knows alot more about guns than I do so I want to impress him with the gun I select this year.
    Help me out!
    Skye
    Military Camp

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Dang, will you be my brother? I'll take a Benelli M1 or M3 please! ;) lol j/k The standard fair when it comes to pump guns is typically Mossberg 590's and Remington 870's. There are of course plenty of others out there. If you look around hard, you could maybe swing a Benelli M1 for $800, which any firearm enthusiast can definitely appreciate (very nice guns). Also, there are Franchi Law-12's, which are kind of uncommon but the price is typically pretty decent (usually $600-800 it seems) and they are kinda cool. Here's a Law-12 for reference:

FRANCHI LAW 12 : Semi-auto at GunBroker.com

Sorry, that's about all I can think of. I'm not all that knowledgeable myself when it comes to shotguns.

juwaba98

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    North Zulch, TX
    Can't go wrong with an 870! Definitely don't think you could go wrong with that one! Some may say it's too much for an 870, but when you consider it already has the toys to go with it, I don't think they'd be right. Just my

Joat

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Kenefick, TX
    A nice tactical 870 is a great gift, if that is what he wants a shotgun for. I would, however suggest that you stick with a known maker or at least be able to inspect the sg before buying it.
    Looking at the link you posted, a few questions come to mind.
    1. Why did they guncoat a electroless nickel gun? If it started out as a Remington 870M (marine) it already had a durable finish on it, if it was a magnum before it was worked on, why not say so?
    2. Don't get too hung up on the bolt-on parts. For example the "holo-sight" shown is a $20.00 (retail) part, the synthetic stocks are a no-name brand, and the mag extension is a $45.00 do it yourself add on. Total of the tactical additions to this shot gun is (generously) $150.00.

Scattergun Technologies will upgrade a customer supplied shotgun including ghost ring sights, parkerizing, trigger assembly rebuild, etc for $475.00 Add the cost of a used 870 wingmaster to that and you've got a solid tactical sg with a known pedigree by known company.

I think a tactical shotgun is a GREAT Christmas gift as long as it meets a real (or perceived) need. Just look at what the gun is/was and its use. Don't be blinded by the bling.

Joat

There are great shotgun builders out there I used ST as an example only. I have no interest in starting a X vs. Y war, and my opinions are my own.

Top Bottom