Need some opinions/ advice on steel targets.

Discussion in 'General Firearms & Ammo' started by kalashnikov, Oct 28, 2013.

1. kalashnikov

kalashnikov New Member

Oct 28, 2013
    Hello I need the opinions/ advice of my fellow shooters on some steel targets I make. They were designed for use with rimfire and pistol rounds, we've tested them with everything up to .45 auto at 30 yards and they work awesome, zero damage as result. They are constructed of 12560 armor plate steel. ( same steel used in the military's armored vehicles/ tanks.) Simply put, they work great and last a long time. I'm just curious what you guys/ gals think of em. You can check out our website for a bunch of pics and further info. Any and all, good or bad opinions are appreciated, Thanks. 1017131604.jpg

2. kalashnikov

kalashnikov New Member

Oct 28, 2013
    Oh yea I'm also gettin ready to release a rifle variation, that is just amazing. Let me know your thoughts.
  3. 40Arpent

40Arpent TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Jul 16, 2008
    Care for a little mayo with your spam?
  4. kalashnikov

kalashnikov New Member

Oct 28, 2013
    Explain to me, how asking the opinion of my peers of similar interest is spam? Spam is defined as an irrelevant or inappropriate message sent on the Internet to a large number of recipients. Seeing as my post was neither irrelevant nor inappropriate and you are the only person who responded to it. It fits no portion of the criteria for spam. On the contrary your response was both irrelevant and inappropriate making it far more worthy of being called spam than my post. Good day sir
  5. Glockster69

Glockster69 TGT Addict

Jul 1, 2011
    Sales pitch veiled as asking for opinions = spam, deal with it. Insulting those you wish to sell is not a good sales strategy but hey, it's your steel.
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2013
  6. benenglish

benenglish Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Member

Nov 22, 2011
    OK. I'll bite.

I think it's been more than 20 years since I went to my first internet marketing conference where spamming techniques were taught. It was so long ago that we actually covered how to spam usenet.

The first and most common method of making spam look like a legit post is to ask an on-topic question, respond via sock puppet, then let the fake conversation lead wherever desired. Unfortunately, you weren't even that subtle; you put a link to your site in your first post.

I don't know which is sadder but one of two things is happening. Either you chose to spam this board egregiously OR you actually think that what you did wasn't spam. If the first, I suggest you kill off your account, go away for a while, then come back and try actually participating around here before you try to make a buck.

But in the latter case, if you actually believe what you did wasn't spam, then just go away. You're too willfully ignorant to be a useful contributor to TGT.
  7. robertc1024

robertc1024 Not That Guy TGT Supporter

Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    And the crowd says "AMEN!!!"

You might have good stuff. Look at the the previously posted commercial posting link. If you really want some interest, pony up and become a forum sponsor.
  8. oldnfat

oldnfat New Member

Mar 24, 2013
    Yeah, I agree. First post date is Oct. 2013. Nothing but an ad. See above post.
  9. 35Remington

35Remington TGT Addict

Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    At $33 each, your targets look pretty cool. This forum is not public, though. When you joined, you agreed to the Terms of Use, whether you read them or not, which state that commercial posting is not allowed.

What is allowed, and what you should do since you have a cool product that we'd probably buy, is contact the site owners and become a "site sponsor." You can even have a link to your store posted at the top of our page.

You'll have do to that, or leave. I hope you make the first choice.
  10. vmax

vmax TGT Addict

Apr 15, 2013