Gun Zone Deals

Need some opinions/ advice on steel targets.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kalashnikov

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2013
    Hello I need the opinions/ advice of my fellow shooters on some steel targets I make. They were designed for use with rimfire and pistol rounds, we've tested them with everything up to .45 auto at 30 yards and they work awesome, zero damage as result. They are constructed of 12560 armor plate steel. ( same steel used in the military's armored vehicles/ tanks.) Simply put, they work great and last a long time. I'm just curious what you guys/ gals think of em. You can check out our website for a bunch of pics and further info. Any and all, good or bad opinions are appreciated, Thanks. www.jumpinjacktarget.com 1017131604.jpg
    Target Sports

kalashnikov

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2013
    Oh yea I'm also gettin ready to release a rifle variation, that is just amazing. Let me know your thoughts.

kalashnikov

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2013
    Explain to me, how asking the opinion of my peers of similar interest is spam? Spam is defined as an irrelevant or inappropriate message sent on the Internet to a large number of recipients. Seeing as my post was neither irrelevant nor inappropriate and you are the only person who responded to it. It fits no portion of the criteria for spam. On the contrary your response was both irrelevant and inappropriate making it far more worthy of being called spam than my post. Good day sir

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Explain to me, how asking the opinion of my peers of similar interest is spam? Spam is defined as an irrelevant or inappropriate message sent on the Internet to a large number of recipients. Seeing as my post was neither irrelevant nor inappropriate and you are the only person who responded to it. It fits no portion of the criteria for spam. On the contrary your response was both irrelevant and inappropriate making it far more worthy of being called spam than my post. Good day sir
    Sales pitch veiled as asking for opinions = spam, deal with it. Insulting those you wish to sell is not a good sales strategy but hey, it's your steel.

http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/commercial-posting-advertising/22302-commercial-posting.html

Last edited:

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Explain to me, how asking the opinion of my peers of similar interest is spam?
    OK. I'll bite.

I think it's been more than 20 years since I went to my first internet marketing conference where spamming techniques were taught. It was so long ago that we actually covered how to spam usenet.

The first and most common method of making spam look like a legit post is to ask an on-topic question, respond via sock puppet, then let the fake conversation lead wherever desired. Unfortunately, you weren't even that subtle; you put a link to your site in your first post.

I don't know which is sadder but one of two things is happening. Either you chose to spam this board egregiously OR you actually think that what you did wasn't spam. If the first, I suggest you kill off your account, go away for a while, then come back and try actually participating around here before you try to make a buck.

But in the latter case, if you actually believe what you did wasn't spam, then just go away. You're too willfully ignorant to be a useful contributor to TGT.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    And the crowd says "AMEN!!!"

You might have good stuff. Look at the the previously posted commercial posting link. If you really want some interest, pony up and become a forum sponsor.

35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    At $33 each, your targets look pretty cool. This forum is not public, though. When you joined, you agreed to the Terms of Use, whether you read them or not, which state that commercial posting is not allowed.

What is allowed, and what you should do since you have a cool product that we'd probably buy, is contact the site owners and become a "site sponsor." You can even have a link to your store posted at the top of our page.

You'll have do to that, or leave. I hope you make the first choice.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    I saw the US Rifle Shooting Team practicing with these. They had them set up for a race. Every time you shoot it, the thing flips-taking away the ricochet. Its actually pretty cool. I saw them at the Austin gun show.

But I agree-please sponsor our site before you advertise.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I can't imagine how far the ricochets will go.
    Lead core bullets tend to just splatter and disintegrate when hitting hard steel. Softer steel will cause ricochets if the bullet doesn't punch all the way through.

12560 is quite a bit softer than AR500 so I dunno how safe these would be with larger calibers.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I built over 100 of these with 8 guage mild steel and sold them to friends and a few gun shows.

I tested them with 22 lr up to 38 special with no real damage to them. I never experienced ricochet problems

I only recommended using 22 lr but up small pistol calibers did work.
    I never understood someone wanting to shoot them with an AR, or other high powered rifle
    they are best used closer with pistol and 22 rifles. IF you set them out there and get a good solid hit, they are likely to move out of your path where you can't get a follow up shot without shooting across your range and not directly at your back stop. My kids line them up and shoot at them with 10/22s and race them across a finish line. They are fun for awhile like any new target you ad to your range

Top Bottom