• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CokeCanLou

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2020
    Corpus Christi
    So I just purchased my second AR-15. And I’m noticing when I go to charge the handle the bolt doesn’t have enough power to chamber the round is there something I’m doing wrong my first AR never did this before so I’m in need of some help thanks
    Gun Zone Deals

CokeCanLou

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2020
    Corpus Christi
    Be sure to let the handle fly when you pull it back. Riding it as it closes can take some of the force way and prevent a round from being properly chambered.
    So I just purchased my second AR-15. And I’m noticing when I go to charge the handle the bolt doesn’t have enough power to chamber the round is there something I’m doing wrong my first AR never did this before so I’m in need of some help thanks
    The rifle is a Stag Arms 15 3gun Elite with a Palmetto BCG and Buffer. Thanks for all the tips didn’t expect such a positive quick response. I’m going to give it a good cleaning and oil it. Ill make sure I’m using a good rip technique on the handle. Appreciate all the help.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    So maybe I just need to use the bolt release every time?

It’s not required to use the bolt release every time, but until you become comfortable with fully cycling/releasing the charging handle, it will help ensure the round goes home.

You can practice with dummy rounds, but don’t use live ammo with your level of experience.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    Almost all military guns are made to be run hard. Use the bolt release as mentioned. Never "ride" the charging handle and expect it to chamber much easier after some break in. Might also be worth inspecting the barrel extension to make sure the feed ramps are properly aligned.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    iu.jpeg

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Proper lubrication is critical to the AR operations and proper functioning. I won't even breach the subject of what proper lubrication to use here!

1) Bolt open, (or in the rearward position.) insert loaded magazine, and hit the bolt release. Rifle is ready to fire.

2) Bolt closed, (or in the forward position.) insert loaded magazine, and pull the bolt charging handle to it's most rearward position and let it go. Rifle is ready to fire.

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    Proper lubrication is critical to the AR operations and proper functioning. I won't even breach the subject of what proper lubrication to use here!

1) Bolt open, (or in the rearward position.) insert loaded magazine, and hit the bolt release. Rifle is ready to fire.

2) Bolt closed, (or in the forward position.) insert loaded magazine, and pull the bolt charging handle to it's most rearward position and let it go. Rifle is ready to fire.
    Boom.
    And by proper lubrication, I assume you mean that the slow drip of 30SAE from the oil pan gasket of a M35 will do to coat your bolt and innards in a pinch. But ya better have your sh!& clean first. :stir:

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Boom.
    And by proper lubrication, I assume you mean that the slow drip of 30SAE from the oil pan gasket of a M35 will do to coat your bolt and innards in a pinch. But ya better have your sh!& clean first. :stir:
    Or run a piston gun! During a couple day machine gun shoot my M16 gets pretty dirty. Most AR won't see real volume to get it as dirty, unless they run dirty ammo!

Top Bottom