Need Something for the Ranch... Electric Golf Cart Maybe?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    Looking for a vehicle to use at the ranch that is quieter and easier to get in and out of quickly than a truck. Often times we'll turn a corner and see hogs taking off, but by the time somebody crawls out, pigs are gone. I'm thinking about an electric golf cart with all terrain tires. We don't have issues with mud or rocks; everything's been graded and the ranch roads are pretty good.

Any thoughts and budget suggestions would be welcome. It just needs to fit two people with guns. I don't need to go cheap on this, but am not interested in a pimped out huntmobile.

00C0C_9m66cWwXP5M_600x450.jpg
    Military Camp

Elbe

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    San Antonio
    My Father in law uses a more traditional golf cart than the one pictured. It is was probably a used one from a local golf course. It works out great for an elderly guy getting around and working several acres.

dvmpiper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Terrell, Tx
    Make it self sustaining and mount some solar cells on top! Easily gotten at Northern Tools. They have large higher wattage than most I've seen. It will easily keep the batteries charged without resorting to house current, if you get sufficient wattage cells.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    There is a place on Hwy 380 near Little Elm that makes these conversions. You can get them as pimped or as simple as you want them. They will put gun racks, stereos, extra seats on the back, flat bed o. The back, jack em up, all terrain tires, whatever you want.

txbikerman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2013
    mckinney
    There is a place on Hwy 380 near Little Elm that makes these conversions. You can get them as pimped or as simple as you want them. They will put gun racks, stereos, extra seats on the back, flat bed o. The back, jack em up, all terrain tires, whatever you want.

I pass by that place all the time. Just down ghe road from where i live

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

mikeofcontex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Midlothian, TX
    Bought mine as a lark hoping it would help me at work moving around a 30 acre campus. It's better than I hoped. For a rural application, I'd raise one a LITTLE to contain 20" diameter tires at least. The batteries are the critical element. I'm hoping the cost of Lion batteries will fall soon as they reduce maintenance and double or more the range.

BIGPAPIGREG

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio, TEXAS
    I know that when we were looking into those karts (8-10yrs ago) they were high priced. We ended up finding a Suzuki Samurai and got it set up for a nice hunting buggy...not sure how the prices are on the karts now

mikeofcontex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Midlothian, TX
    If the batteries are old or shot... 6x 6v batteries will cost $600-900 depending on what you buy and how well you shop. You can spend twice that if you are too casual finding your source.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I know that when we were looking into those karts (8-10yrs ago) they were high priced. We ended up finding a Suzuki Samurai and got it set up for a nice hunting buggy...not sure how the prices are on the karts now
    I know, right? Every time I see the price tag on those side by side ATVs I can't help but think about the fact I can get an old pick-up that can't pass inspection anymore but is still serviceable for under a grand.

I do like the idea of the electric cart for it's low noise profile, however. I might have to look into that myself.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gilly
    Top Bottom