Need Suggestions

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Texas1911, Mar 7, 2008.

1. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Part of the original idea was to try to make this site different from all the rest. As such I want to offer that 5% more. What would you guys like to see?

2. mac79912

mac79912 Well-Known

Mar 4, 2008
    How about a Handguns in action thread.Picture of the members shooting there favorite pistols or rifles.Or even a picture thread for those of us who hunt and take trophy pictures.

3. HighVelocity

HighVelocity Member

Mar 5, 2008
    DFW, TX
    How about a competition section? IDPA, USPSA, IMSA, Bullseye, etc etc

4. idleprocess

idleprocess Active Member

Feb 29, 2008
    DFW.com
    Articles. I hate digging through all the ego, misinformation, opinion, and factual errors in a forum when I'm looking for solid information.

5. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=28

Made a forum, and two new threads, one to Hunting, other to the new Range forum.

6. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I plan on this, but I'm waiting to hear back from them. I've sent out alot of emails on deaf ears lately it seems. If you are involved it'd be nice to get some contact info for the head honchos.

7. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Suggestions for articles? I don't mind working on them, just need some leads to go on.

8. Owens

Owens Member

Mar 5, 2008
    Levelland
    Got a couple

There are all sorts of questions that get asked on forums. How about a section that is a go to source for when something needs researched. I know that in my case I have looked for certain things but at times didn't even know where to look. Google or other search engine can be useful, IF you want to wade through the huge list of results.

For example, someone looking for historical documents on the Consitution could go to the National Archives: http://www.archives.gov/

I know this seems like it would be just a list of links, but it is a bit more.

The title of the thread could be something like "Founders Documents" or "background on US Constitution"

A person could add comments on what was found there or key references, or even a brief summary of what was found.

Another Idea might be a sub-forum for handy gadgets that have either been found or cobbled together.

Just ideas. Not all ideas are good I know.

9. mac79912

mac79912 Well-Known

Mar 4, 2008
    I hope this forum will get big enough to have some firearm company reps join.

10. idleprocess

idleprocess Active Member

Feb 29, 2008
    DFW.com
    Don't have anything in mind just yet, but I would certainly be willing to contribute.