• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • leonidas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2010
    Plano
    I'm looking to go to FrontSight this year and they don't allow my kydex holsters with the retention button.

I need to find different holsters that fit their criteria (kydex, not leather, belt paddle type, not concealed, no trigger retention buttons) for my CZ75 SP-01 tactical. It has a 1913 tactical light rail which makes it difficult to find this type of holster for it.

I've been told that Fobus Glock G21 holsters fit this gun as well as one of their Sig models (I don't know which one that is). Can anyone verify this?

I'd typically prefer to actually bring the gun to a shop, but can only find holsters that might fit online.

I wanted to be sure when ordering that it fits. Anyone familiar with the CZ75 Sp-01 and know what type of holsters fit?

Here's a link to what the gun looks like.

CZ-USA -> CZ 75 SP-01
    ARJ Defense ad

woolleyworm

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Cleburne
    My suggestion would be to form your own. Kydex is one of the easiest materials on the planet to work with. Boiling water or a big toaster oven is all you need to heat it and then a simple press that you can make for under $15. Small amount of mechanical skills and you've got a custom made Kydex.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    My suggestion would be to form your own. Kydex is one of the easiest materials on the planet to work with. Boiling water or a big toaster oven is all you need to heat it and then a simple press that you can make for under $15. Small amount of mechanical skills and you've got a custom made Kydex.

+1

There are dozens on youtube videos to show you how.

GlockontheRocks

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    McAllen, TX
    JasonT is right. Blade-tech.com. I got a drop offset holster for an SP01 Tactical from them. I know that's not what you are looking for, but they are a good start and have great customer service.

leonidas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2010
    Plano
    Thank you for the quick replies. I hadn't even contemplated making my own, that sounds like some fun.

I will check out the blade-tech in the interest of time.

BFThorp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2011
    Fort Worth
    I'm looking to go to FrontSight this year and they don't allow my kydex holsters with the retention button.

[/URL]

It's been a while since I bought from Comp-Tac but they usually get my vote for good stuff and outstanding CS. They are Texas too. If that fails, Blade Tech is good to go. I ran (RO'd) a guy at a USPSA match this weekend with a locking Serpa and can understand the ban.

leonidas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2010
    Plano
    Have you seen handlers inadvertently pull the trigger while drawing from a holster of this type (with a trigger retention button)? When I have used this type, I find that I have to release the button while drawing which naturally puts my trigger finger along side the frame. It almost requires a second movement from the finger to find the trigger.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    The problem with BH Serpa holsters is a little bit poor design, but I would say it's a big failure on the user's part too. For Serpas, I sweep my finger across the button lightly when drawing without really bending the index finger (basically keeping it at the limit of extension). Where people go wrong is instead of "sweeping" their finger across the button, they claw at the button hard with their finger pointing inward. When people do this with lots of force, there is a tendency to maintain that force as the gun is drawn, and as soon as it clears the trigger guard, all that force causes the finger to fly into the trigger guard. The Serpa always worked fine for me, but I pay extreme attention to detail with little things like that. I don't use or own any Serpas anymore, as there are much better holsters out there IMO. Safariland is the way to go for Level 2+ retention holsters, but most of us don't really need a retention holster.

Top Bottom