• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoytinak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas of course
    I was given this Ruger MKII a long time ago in this condition. Since I got it, I added the Tactical Solutions upper (which is freakin awesome BTW), added some Hogue rubber grips and fiber optic sights. The trigger's really nice so I don't need to mess with it. I wasn't gonna worry about the finish since it shoots REALLY great and it's just a plinker anyways but I was just looking at it tonight and I'm getting to where I can't stand it anymore. (the outside of the bolt looks the same as the lower)

I know from an experience with my father's MKII that our local gunsmith won't even touch a Ruger MKI/II/III or 22/45 anymore. So I need to find a place to send it off to. I'm not needing anything super nice (or expensive) just a good basic finish....any thoughts? :1zhelp:

ARJ Defense ad

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    the bubba way

I know this is the cheap and rigged way but, this is what I did on a old beat up winchester 22 rifle I bought for $60. The barrel had lots of surface rust. What I did was took some 150 grit sandpaper, a wire wheel/dremel and a can wd-40. Took off of all the rust, then used a degreaser and sprayed two even coats of flat black engine paint. The barrel looked good as new. After 2yrs of shooting, the barrel still looks the same it did.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    You might drop Brad at CCR and email and get a price on refinishing the lower.
    CCR-REFINISHING

Since the lower on the MK's are not serialized, you don't need a FFL to ship.

hoytinak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas of course
    I actually thought about that, but I've have it completely stripped apart before when I first got it and I'm not sure I wanna try that again
    redface.gif
    ....it was a pain for me to get it back together so I'd like to have someone with some kinda experience on the Ruger semi .22lr's.

I sent CCR an email...I'm sure with the holiday it'll be a little while before I hear back though.

Top Bottom