• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    i recently did some work on a guys pool before moving here from san diego. when it came tiome to pay up the guy couldnt so i worked an 1886 lever action winchester into the trade.

i bought a japanese type 99 in pretty good condition but hasnt been fired in about 40 years.

i had a customer 'tip' me with a box of rifle parts after we were talking about a set of japanese rifles i had recently built and given to a couple friends. he told me he got them that way but that he wasnt any good at building rifles and gave me the box-o-parts. brought it home and to my suprise it was only the 2 screws in the handguard were removed and everything else was pretty much assembled. the (included) scope and mount and rings were in pieces though, but when i put it all back together i noticed it had an FN crest and was a definate mauser. still havent identified it completely yet, but so far it looks like an 1892 or 1893, or 1894 mauser made by FN for a central or south american nation.

none of these have been test fired. i only need to shoot a couple rounds out of each of them but i havent been able to get any free time when the range is open. anyone know of a place or have some land around converse or around my work where i could put out a couple rounds? i dont need anything special, just a place i can shoot a couple into the ground or into a pile of dirt or something

anyone have anything around converse or i-10 and dominion area or anywhere in between. i usually get off work after 5 ish and with traffic i dont really have a chance to make it to the range.
    Venture Surplus ad

redfred

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2009
    La Porte
    Check out www.wheretoshoot.org. Type in your ZIP code and it will show you ranges in your area. A word of warning. If the guns haven't been shot, I'd get a gunsmith to check them out before shooting them myself. While you're at it, you might ask the 'smith if he knows about any place to go shoot.

Top Bottom