• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Looking for a friend who may be moving to the great state of Texas. He'd like a safe but economical apartment to live in around Pearland. He'll be down this weekend to check some out. As I live up north I don't know the area. Any suggestions?
    Guns International

robin303

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    Austin
    I always had good luck with those Apt Locaters and there free. Plus they drive you around to them to check out.

SiVisPacem

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Austin ASAP
    I'm in the same boat as your friend, in that I may be moving to Pearland very soon. In fact, I'm in town tonight, checking out the area and interviewing for a job.

I've been using Rent.com, apartments.com, and apartmentratings.com to narrow down my search. I found what looked like a nice place on rent.com, but it gets horrid ratings on apartmentratings.com. (The Reserve at Tranquility Lake) I spoke to a Pearland police officer this evening, while at the Chik-fil-A near 288, and his opinion of the place wasn't very favorable, either. Apparently, they have a LOT of Katrina refugees living there, with all of the drama they bring with them. He did recommend The Remington, an apartment complex near Shadow Creek, and a couple of others whose names escape me.

My Dad is about to retire from a Sheriff's Department after 23 years (all this after 21 years in the USAF), and one thing he taught me is that if you really want to know the scoop about a place, ask the local constabulary. They're the ones who answer the calls for loud noise, break-ins, domestics, vandalism, and other crimes which affect an areas desirability. I could care less if some vapid 20-year old sorority girl doesn't like the complex because the pool is too small, or if someone gets upset because the laundry room is always busy. I care about whether or not my girlfriend, my car, and my gun collection are safe. Everything else is trivial.

ETA: Murfdog, you have a PM.

Top Bottom