• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Then the Promoter gets on the loud speaker and you can't shut the bitch up, she ran the crowd out the door running her mouth and business was pretty much done for the day.

For your education, that promoter and her family has always been extremely kind to members of this forum. When Premier had their shows in San Antonio, they routinely allowed TGT members in for free. They also bought breakfast for about 15 of us when they first started their show here.
    Military Camp

A & P

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2014
    Tomball/Magnolia
    As someone else mentioned, it's possible that some antagonist loaded the gun. We blame the vendor and the show and the ... every Joe. True, they should check every time it's handled. But it's also possible that someone there loaded it.

We're hyper aware any time a customer is by our ammo shelves. Easy for them to steal a round or two and put the box back on the shelf. Then you show a customer a gun and he takes one step back from the counter. How fast can he just pop that round in the gun and rob you? Or if you divert your attention for a second because several other impatient people are needing your attention.

Well, if the round goes in the gun, he should expect to be drawn down and and probably shot. Question is if a jury would see it the same way or if they'd say "well, he didn't actually fire the gun". If the ATF can call "constructive intent", then so can I. You load a gun in my store, I think I should safely assume you intend to kill me.

Without all the facts, I wouldn't be so quick to judge all the parties. The few gun shows we were a vendor at they didn't check vendor guns. They kind of walked around to check zip ties but they didn't check every case. When you have someone like Gunzone (I think they were called) that brings about 1000 guns to the show, I doubt the show people make them open and zip every single gun before the show opens.

Complacency kills, but there's a balance. Ironically, it's like this covid bs. sure. Shut down all businesses and put everyone on house arrest for 14 days and the virus is gone. Some die. Most live. But that's not practical. I guess it's the same with the check, check, recheck, and then recheck by the vendor, customer, show host, cops, and then recheck to make sure. At some point we just tend to trust.

Dred

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Houston, TX
    How does a non-FFL dealer set up a table to sell firearms and not violate ATF dealer (admittedly subjective) rules?
    Lots of folks can fill a table trading from their private collections. But, do it too frequently and you are a dealer. There is actually a threshold used to validate unlicensed dealer level sales - I just don't worry 'bout it enough to look it up.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

ShotgunAg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2020
    Frisco
    I was in Mesquite at Big Town several years ago when a 45 cal 1911 discharged. They had that guy out so fast. The round hit a box and tore up some of the guys inventory. Sure gets your attention.. Be Blessed

HCS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2020
    Llano, TX
    I have been at 5 different gun shows over the years when a ND occurred, fortunately no one was injured.

I actually arrived at the Waxahachie show shortly after the ambulance had arrived, had to step to the side of the lobby as the wheeled the guy out on the gurney, once I got inside the show, the police had that vendors table shut down and I walked the entire show twice and heard no talk about what had happened and as others stated, there was no news media about the incident so I only know what I have read here on TGT.
    as I walked past that vendors table, a police officer standing at that table stated that everything on this table was off limits, other than that, the rest of the show was "normal" other than over price ammo and very, very little reloading components and really did not see much of interest

HCS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2020
    Llano, TX
    I was in Mesquite at Big Town several years ago when a 45 cal 1911 discharged. They had that guy out so fast. The round hit a box and tore up some of the guys inventory. Sure gets your attention.. Be Blessed

I was at that same show when that happened.

the Big Town gun show became one of my favorite shows, before I moved to Central Texas, I always made a point to hit Big Town, Market Hall and on occasion the Fort Worth show,

weslittle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2017
    Trophy Club TX
    Is no one checking the guns the vendors are displaying?

Yeah the vendor seems an idiot for having a loaded gun on his table, but the promoters are just as responsible for not checking the guns.
    I agree to everything you said PLUS the person buying the gun! Know that every gun that you touch is LOADED until you check and prove otherwise, right........?

weslittle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2017
    Trophy Club TX
    Hate to say it but, it does prove the point. A firearm is NOT UNloaded until you, yes you too, verify that it is.

Bad deal all around.
    Yes sir - exactly what I said. I was always taught that it is LOADED until I prove it otherwise. Even the ones that they hand you the gun and tell you its unloaded.... LOL..... right.......

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I agree to everything you said PLUS the person buying the gun! Know that every gun that you touch is LOADED until you check and prove otherwise, right........?

One of the other problems I have seen over the years, are lookers and buyers that are idiots that don't know the very basics of gun safety. Add in an idiot gun seller and you have a recipe for such incidents to take place.

Reactions: HCS
    Top Bottom