• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Soooo... needing new wiper blades I'm looking at the selections before me all hanging on hooks. I'd had good results with Michelin Stealth XT's in the past but the last set did not perform too well so looking for something else. I pick up a package of the best Michelin has to offer silicon something or others. Pull it outta the package to see what it looks like and how it attaches. Not too shabby - some are figgin' ugly but these are ok. Start to put it back in the package and in my cart for purchase but while doing so I notice a red tag folded up in one of the arms. Well... being curious I pull it out. I mean what kinna warning can the add to wiper blades "Not For Human Consumption!" ??? So, I get it unfolded and am totally dumbfounded by what the warning is "DO NOT Install IN DIRECT SUN LIGHT!" I put'em back on the peg.
    Venture Surplus ad

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    That's OK. They can do it where even they like (or I can hold my hat to shade the sun!) If they screw it up, they just go in and get another wiper, etc. :green:
    That's their problem if it's in the sun! They can put another set on! (I don't think I've ever put wipers on in the shade!)

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Wipers only last 6 months anyways so I buy the cheap ones. I also put a small zip tie on them to ensure when I forget the lock they dont fly off at night in the rain.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Wipers only last 6 months anyways so I buy the cheap ones. I also put a small zip tie on them to ensure when I forget the lock they dont fly off at night in the rain.
    When Michelin first released the Stealth I could get a year out of them easy. But then after 3-4 years they changed something and it was back to the 6 months cycle for wiper blades.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    I'm feeling convicted... I thought it was a compliment of my physical attributes when people called me a tight ass - but I think you may be saying it means something else... :laughing:
    Well... you may not be convicted but you are for sure in the line-up!

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    Buy the cheaper blades. Change them every 4 to 6 months. Take the still usable blades and put them in the package the new ones came out of, and put them in the trunk or toolbox of the vehicle. JIC a wiper blade becomes damaged or lost, because you now have spares.
    I know a guy who rides a BMW R1200RT who carries a final drive with him. In all honesty, he got it for the Iron Butt and never took it out.

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    I'm feeling convicted... I thought it was a compliment of my physical attributes when people called me a tight ass - but I think you may be saying it means something else... :laughing:
    Does that mean you can use either restroom?

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    I have no problem figuring out my gender identity. But after giving it much consideration I've reached the conclusion that a stroll through the local colleges female locker rooms/showers from time to time would be a good thing. You know - just to be sure!

Top Bottom