• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dustycorgill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Garland, Texas
    I asked my teenagers last night who Mandela was and they talked about what they have learned in school of him. To say the least it isn't anywhere near the truth. Makes me want to go bitch slap some teachers for not teaching the whole truth instead of teaching this watered down, lets make him look like a saint crap. So we sat down and did our research and now they know what really went on. Geez.

okie556

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    Saw where a Sheriff in Ranger, TX was catching Hell because he refused to fly office flags at half-mast. This is a wise man that would surely get my vote!

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Rick Perry didn't care because prison flags are flying high.

When the State flys at half mast, it applies to all departments.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I asked my teenagers last night who Mandela was and they talked about what they have learned in school of him. To say the least it isn't anywhere near the truth. Makes me want to go bitch slap some teachers for not teaching the whole truth instead of teaching this watered down, lets make him look like a saint crap. So we sat down and did our research and now they know what really went on. Geez.

You gave them education on the matter instead of schooling.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    wasn't it a request not an order to lower the flag?

bull crap for a non citizen and not legal I would imagine

dustycorgill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Garland, Texas
    Here is a shocker........and really made me question Ted Cruz. Why oh why did he choose to honor Mandela with not one...but two tributes on his FB page? I am hoping this is an admin putting these tributes up on his page and hoping he didnt know about it.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Here is a shocker........and really made me question Ted Cruz. Why oh why did he choose to honor Mandela with not one...but two tributes on his FB page? I am hoping this is an admin putting these tributes up on his page and hoping he didnt know about it.

Some are choosing to look at Mandela's overall record and mainly his post prison record rather then his activist activities prior. I'm not arguing for it either way, but it is how I have heard it from a few conservatives frame conversations about him.

hellishhorses

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    Eddy
    Some are choosing to look at Mandela's overall record and mainly his post prison record rather then his activist activities prior. I'm not arguing for it either way, but it is how I have heard it from a few conservatives frame conversations about him.
    Sure. According to some, he was passively resistant but always listened to the majority vote. So when the majority voted for flaming tire necklaces, rape, terrorism and guerrilla warfare he went along because that was the democratic decision (a la: two wolves and a sheep deciding what's for dinner). Then during his imprisonment, he remained the same humble, saint-like figure and was moved to the high-class political prisoner housing complex prior to his release. The world wanted him freed and, more importantly, South Africa wanted him as their "Dear leader". Once in control, still being the nice guy that he was, he proceeded to kick the knowledgeable farmers off the plantations and turn the once-shining darling of Africa into another African shit hole to match the rest of the continent — ta da (Detroit v2.0).

Jay, you're a reasonable guy and it doesn't look like this is necessarily your view. Either way, not a personal attack on you — but I'm quite passionate when it comes to people using violence, oppression and their political authority to overthrow a violent and oppressive authority; be it Stalin, Castro, Mendela, Mao, Lincoln, Roosevelt, Chavez, Hussein, etc.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Sure. According to some, he was passively resistant but always listened to the majority vote. So when the majority voted for flaming tire necklaces, rape, terrorism and guerrilla warfare he went along because that was the democratic decision (a la: two wolves and a sheep deciding what's for dinner). Then during his imprisonment, he remained the same humble, saint-like figure and was moved to the high-class political prisoner housing complex prior to his release. The world wanted him freed and, more importantly, South Africa wanted him as their "Dear leader". Once in control, still being the nice guy that he was, he proceeded to kick the knowledgeable farmers off the plantations and turn the once-shining darling of Africa into another African shit hole to match the rest of the continent — ta da (Detroit v2.0).

Jay, you're a reasonable guy and it doesn't look like this is necessarily your view. Either way, not a personal attack on you — but I'm quite passionate when it comes to people using violence, oppression and their political authority to overthrow a violent and oppressive authority; be it Stalin, Castro, Mendela, Mao, Lincoln, Roosevelt, Chavez, Hussein, etc.

No, wasn't my view at all, it was an answer to the dusty's post about Cruz's statements and possibly the reason why he would have said such things about Mandela.

Perhaps my post wasn't clear as to where I was coming from with my response.

And stop calling me reasonable, it's going to ruin my "bad ass" street cred!!! :roflfunny:

cbigclarke

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    Once in control, still being the nice guy that he was, he proceeded to kick the knowledgeable farmers off the plantations and turn the once-shining darling of Africa into another African shit hole to match the rest of the continent — ta da (Detroit v2.0).

That was actually Robert Mugabe of Zimbabwe

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    Photographic evidence that Mandela was a racist!

1461320_10152111585236489_967129166_n.jpg

Pilgrim

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Volente
    I don't know why but for some reason he and his wife remind me of an even worse version of Ferdinand and Imelda Marcos of the Philippines...

Top Bottom