• tonelar

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    El Paso
    i’ve never known a frenchman that cared one bit what americans said

unrelated; the thread title made me remember a part in “replacement killers” where the female lead character says, “never heard of him”
    85C29143-B5B8-4ACF-85A1-9F11BD0442DF.jpeg
    Capitol Armory ad

Last edited:

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Nope! I was the last one.
    Hell, I didn't know why we were cheering for Branden 'til a week past the race event.
    I see/hear it 1st on TGT.

I just figured out why we were cheering fur Brandon about a month ago.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Lafayette had a very interesting history, and there was an amazing love story with his wife. (It was an arranged marriage - typical for the time - but they fell madly in love and would stick together through some incredibly hard times.) He was a full-blown hero in America, and the number of places named Lafayette or some version of that (Fayetteville) is staggering.

There were quite a few foreign nobles that joined the American Revolution - which is kind of ironic since the revolution was all about throwing out the nobles. Friedrich Von Steuben, who had been a captain in the Prussian army, trained Washington's men on how to load their rifles quickly and how to fight against bayonets. He turned Washington's volunteers into soldiers of the same quality as the British and Hessians. He wrote the manuals for sanitation and camp layouts that would be used for 150 years, as well as the training manuals that would be used for decades and still influence training. Before Von Steuben, American soldiers ran from bayonets. The final American thrust at the siege of Yorktown was done with bayonets only, and it forced the British to surrender, a huge change. Casmir Polaski was considered the Father of the American Cavalry. He saved George Washington's life at the Battle of Brandywine, and convinced him of the value of cavalry. Tadeusz Kosciuszko was invaluable in designing defenses and analyzing the enemy's defenses. He's the reason there are military engineers. There's a statue dedicated to him at Lafayette Park in Washington, D.C.

It's a shame that these men who so influenced the course of history are now forgotten in favor of teaching students "wokeness".

Great reply & summation; Thanks !

Top Bottom