• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    I think they're pretty divided on what they agree on.

We asked if there is any distinction to be made between the kinds of guns a liberal likes and the kinds a far-right conservative might prefer.
    Within the gun community, she says, conservatives have a stereotype about the kind of guns liberals like. "Conservatives assume, when they hear of our existence, that we're all into fancy double-barreled shotguns and rifles with wooden stocks." That's not the case, she says. "Our position is that scary black guns are very much okay. We do have members who think a limit on magazine capacity might be worthwhile. I personally don't believe that that kind of restriction makes the world a safer place."

Positions advocated by the Northern California Chapter of The Liberal Gun Club include:
    "Additional regulations on lawful gun owners are over-prescribed political placebos that fail to cure the underlying systemic societal problems that are the root causes of violence. Instead of window-dressing 'solutions' like so-called 'assault weapons' bans and magazine capacity restrictions, we support root cause mitigation for violence prevention: stronger mental health care, addressing poverty, homelessness and unemployment."
    Target Sports

Whiskey_Rocka_Rolla

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Houston
    Just by the name of their group I'd be weary of them. I've seen alot of fake gun rights advocacies pop up in the last year or so. Especially ones who make it clear they are left wing. I know there are some leftists who are very pro gun just hate everything else about the right, but they don't typically assemble in groups like this. They are usually out there to indoctrinate, which is what leftards typically do best. I've met some outright whackos on FB in the last year, specifically on the gun control issue. Moms Demand Action and the CSGV are at the top of my list of nutcases.

Whiskey_Rocka_Rolla

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Houston
    The problem with gun control advocates is they don't understand the purpose of the 2nd Amendment, and many times they don't even think about the so called solutions they come up with.

I've actually helped "convert" quite a few gun control advocates in the last few years simply by asking them to clarify what they were saying and take a long hard look at whatever it is they are claiming. Usually when people actually think these things through they realize their ideas are based on flawed and biased info.

Usually if they've been approached in this way but still refuse to be rational, it means they just hate guns and want to see us all disarmed. The ones who truly believe gun control makes us safer are the ones who can be helped. The others, can get f*cked for all I care. They can pack up and move to China or North Korea if they just absolutely insist on having a government lord over them to "keep them safer".

dustycorgill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Garland, Texas
    I have two cousins who happen to be very gay, and for the most part they call themselves liberal. However, both own many guns and both believe that the 2nd amendment is what it is as written, period. I know, it confuses the crap out of me too....but it just goes to show that you never know what people actually think or believe until you get to know them.

DamnYankee76

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2013
    Blanco
    I have two cousins who happen to be very gay, and for the most part they call themselves liberal. However, both own many guns and both believe that the 2nd amendment is what it is as written, period. I know, it confuses the crap out of me too....but it just goes to show that you never know what people actually think or believe until you get to know them.

This right here is why I have a hard time with just a two party system. I don't think one person from either party can ever meet everyones ideals. Why do we choose from 50 for Miss America but only 2 for president??

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom