• robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    "Armed queers don't get bashed." I ain't got no problem with that. I might not ask them out for a beer or something, but I think they have the right to defend themselves.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    You mean like this?

By her own description, Hoeber is a feisty, liberal, transgender, tattooed, queer, activist feminist.

Which is in the 3rd paragraph and where I bailed, no relevance.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I've never heard of The Liberal Gun Club before. In my personal experience, though, The Pink Pistols are on the up and up.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    There's a group out there called the leftist gun lovers or something like that. They're pretty legit. I would imagine this one is as well...even if they do seem a little...weird.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Members on both sides have their extremes.

They have their version of chest thumpers just as we do I suppose........

Curious how far their support of gun rights go. Wouldn't be surprised if they fully support the second amendment.......but it should have limitations and who needs blah blah blah.

We all know that type. Haven't gone to the link yet so I'm just making assumptions at this point.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    After trudging through the fluff crap in the article and filtering down to what the group claims to support, it appears they are along the same lines as we are in a few areas. Others are difficult to judge because mention of mental health care could run the gamut of possible "solutions".

No mention of background checks, a mention that some would prefer mag capacity limits (no shock there), and reducing property and unemployment. Hell, we say the same thing about poverty leading to crime, but the solution is likely to be wildly different.

I am gonna go with "legit" and may look in to them a little more. Might even join the forum and ask a few questions.

Personally, I believe we can use all the allies we can get, even if it is a transgender, lesbian, feminist, whatever else he/she felt the need to say to attract attention. But I feel the need to be sure of just where they stand.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    One of the guys I play GTAO with is out in Cali. He's completely against people having AR's to go hunting...but is completely cool with people having them to go play around at the range.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    It's funny how they can always find time to interview members of the shooting sports who are on the lunatic fringe, transgender and off the wall. The media can ignore 5 million NRA members and millions more shooters who are non NRA members. Most of us are really pretty normal. You don't suppose they are trying to portray us as a bunch of odd ducks, do you?

Flash

Last edited:

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    As was mentioned, they seem to be legit. I worked with a guy for a while that had lived in Kommiefornia for quite a while that was a pseudo member of one "branch" of that type thing. And through what I could gather, it really was a bunch of pro 2A (see below) dems. and liberals, etc. that got together to go shooting. But, at the same time, he also told me that he's never seen an AR or AK in person, let alone shoot one and thought "those military weapons are for the military and cops only, but everything else was okay to shoot or hunt with"

So my take on it, is that they are only for partial 2A Rights for civilians overall. May only have been HIS opinion though. Didn't ask anymore after that.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    I think that a lot of these people simply need to be given a chance to go play with a standard AR15. I was raised in a family that tried to teach me about those guns only being for military and hunters. Shit-look at how I turned out. :D

The good news is I've since found out that train of thought mainly belonged to a few women in the family, and everyone else just didn't want to stand up to them. Once I got my guns, all the stories from other random family members basically supporting me started coming out of the wood works-but in private so these certain women wouldn't find out. I think I'm the only one in the family so far who has stood up to those women and let them know that guns are ok, I'm not a serial killer for wanting one, and flat out told them that my son will be raised around guns, focusing on gun safety. Funny thing is-the same people who everyone else is afraid to stand up to about guns, they respect my decision and still treat me just the same. It's funny how families work sometimes.

Last edited:

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Lots of groups out there that don't fit their stereotypical roles.

For example take these folks Jews For The Preservation of Firearms Ownership if you look at the members of that religion they overwhelming vote for the democratic ticket. However from their past, you would think that every last one of them would want to be armed to the teeth against possible organized, government or others, oppression. But they stand for a party that would happily take that ability away from them.

Problem with our political parties is they tend to lump a lot of stuff into one basket, and try to 'own' that policy/position. Having a different view about a portion of that platform sometimes does not make folks willing to go against all the other stances of that group they feel strongly about.

This is part of our political problem. A candidate that espouses a strongly different view on a single issue of a political parties platform draws ire and attack from both sides. (ask Ron Paul what happens when you step outside the parameters......)

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    I grew up with a lot of folks who ended up being pretty darned left. Annoyingly so. But they're also some of my old shooting buddies, and are ardent 2A supporters. We differ (loudly) on issues like entitlement programs, but align nearly 1:1 on protecting the right to keep firearms in the hands of private citizens. None of my lib friends support gun bans or magazine restrictions (most own or have owned high-cap semi-auto rifles), so there are indeed lefties who aren't on the anti-gun bandwagon.

hellishhorses

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    Eddy
    Lots of groups out there that don't fit their stereotypical roles.

For example take these folks Jews For The Preservation of Firearms Ownership if you look at the members of that religion they overwhelming vote for the democratic ticket. However from their past, you would think that every last one of them would want to be armed to the teeth against possible organized, government or others, oppression. But they stand for a party that would happily take that ability away from them.

Problem with our political parties is they tend to lump a lot of stuff into one basket, and try to 'own' that policy/position. Having a different view about a portion of that platform sometimes does not make folks willing to go against all the other stances of that group they feel strongly about.

This is part of our political problem. A candidate that espouses a strongly different view on a single issue of a political parties platform draws ire and attack from both sides. (ask Ron Paul what happens when you step outside the parameters......)

:tankman: I have a few guesses as to why Jews would want to protect themselves — even against oppressive government. As unlikely as that is to ever happen...

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    :tankman: I have a few guesses as to why Jews would want to protect themselves — even against oppressive government. As unlikely as that is to ever happen...

So why then do they continue to vote for a party that wants to take their guns, loves their sworn enemies and install a more oppressive government here???

Genocide has happened before the Holocaust, has happened since, and will continue to happen. They are not immune, and neither are any of us. What do you think will happen in Iran gets a nuke???

Last edited:
    Top Bottom