• ...and so much more!
  • easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I gotta ask.... how many times a day you clean them cushions on those chairs? Your a brave man
    I moved one rocker next to my shed and there is a Solo Stove Bonfire now on the lower deck. As far as the cushions, although I take them off in bad weather, I'm getting close to buying new ones. They're not that expensive.
    Gun Zone Deals

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    I moved one rocker next to my shed and there is a Solo Stove Bonfire now on the lower deck. As far as the cushions, although I take them off in bad weather, I'm getting close to buying new ones. They're not that expensive.
    They're about double what they used to be.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    They're about double what they used to be.
    1651775069363.png

OutlawStar

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 14, 2017
    Anna
    I saw a propane 5 burner griddle at Bucees yesterday and remembered this thread. Do you end up splattering grease everywhere when cooking on these? Not a big deal if the unit is in the middle of the yard or driveway, but say I have this on my patio with siding nearby. Would I end up with platter everywhere?

I know when I use the side burner to get my cast iron pan NASA hot and have a little oil in it, I end up with platter all around it...

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    .. Do you end up splattering grease everywhere when cooking on these?...

Every flat top I’ve cooked on will splatter. You can control it to an extent if it’s pitched so excess oil flows to the grease trap. Some oil will always trap under the food being cooked and as moisture (water) is cooked out of the food, it hits the oil. Since we know what oil and water won’t do, you get splatter.

The less oil, the less splatter. A non-stick griddle surface w/aerosolized oil (cooking spray) is about the least amount of oil you can start with. But if the food being cooked is fatty (burger, bacon, etc.,) there’s not much you can do about it.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I saw a propane 5 burner griddle at Bucees yesterday and remembered this thread. Do you end up splattering grease everywhere when cooking on these? Not a big deal if the unit is in the middle of the yard or driveway, but say I have this on my patio with siding nearby. Would I end up with platter everywhere?

I know when I use the side burner to get my cast iron pan NASA hot and have a little oil in it, I end up with platter all around it...
    Yep.

servis

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2016
    Denton County
    BIL showed me how to cook eggs in a deep fryer (water, not oil). 2 eggs in a zip lock baggie with everything you want in an omelet. Remove as much air as possible and seal. Write your name on it if feeding a crowd. 13 minutes in the boiling water and everybody's eggs were ready at the same time. 14 of us camping together that weekend.
    We use the 22" blackstone when camping, sometimes on the back porch. I cook breakfast for 4 - 8 people when camping. We cook on it at every opportunity.

1911'S 4 Me

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2018
    Humble
    I cook eggs in the microwave. Cooking spray a bowl, crack egg, season. Cover with paper towel. 1 minute hard fried.
    Add meat and vegetables for an omelet, cooking time varies.
    Can scramble also, time depends on number of eggs, (usually 2)

Daley_G

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2021
    Cypress
    As expensive as it is, we use avocado oil for the high smoke point and wife's diet. Sure we get a little splatter but the metal cover keeps it off the house and the metal shelves on either side do a decent job of keeping it off the floor.

Daley_G

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2021
    Cypress
    Not unless there's an adequate smoke hood above it since there's a lot of propane burning underneath. Think about places like Hibachi restaurants - they do it but gosh, those smoke hoods!

schmellba99

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2008
    Houston & San Antonio
    I have one I bought for the deer lease - makes cooking a lot of things really fast, really easy. Cleanup isn't that big of a deal, especially if you get the squeeze bottles and keep one filled with water to clean while the griddle is still hot. There are few pages on instagram with folks that cook on theirs a lot, and they make some hella good food.

Hard to beat a smashburger or philly cheese steak on a griddle IMO.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rjdearinger2
    Top Bottom