• V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    On the local news this evening.

As I tend to avoid SPID as often as humanly possible (especially SPID and Everhart), I think I would visit Academy more often in Portland....
    Capitol Armory ad

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    Sweet, they just ripped out the seasonal section and made it more fishing stuff.

I'd never go to the Portland one but maybe it make that store less congested.

Chupacabra Hunter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Corpus Christi TX
    Im sure this is in response to Dick's Sporting Goods opening later this year... If the valley can get a Bass Pro, why cant we get a Gander Mountain.... the more competition, the better for us.....

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    I don't see dicks doing well at all down here.

Last I heard that bass pro in the valley was struggling. Lots of lookers no buyers.

Academy does well, because they sell a decent selecting of Low to mid range stuff cheap.

Chupacabra Hunter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Corpus Christi TX
    I don't see dicks doing well at all down here.

Last I heard that bass pro in the valley was struggling. Lots of lookers no buyers.

Academy does well, because they sell a decent selecting of Low to mid range stuff cheap.

agreed.... i was in the valley a few weeks ago and stopped by the bps on my way back.... I was one of those lookers you talked about.... although my wife bought some fudge...

Chupacabra Hunter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Corpus Christi TX
    i believe the remodeling is finished in the Academy in CC..... it looks nice..I have never seen the store so fully stocked including ammo. I went in yesterday..... competition is good.... dont think I'll shop at Dicks Sporting but...(anyone know when the grand opening for Dicks Sporting?)

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    i believe the remodeling is finished in the Academy in CC..... it looks nice..I have never seen the store so fully stocked including ammo. I went in yesterday..... competition is good.... dont think I'll shop at Dicks Sporting but...(anyone know when the grand opening for Dicks Sporting?)

I don't think they've increased their salt water selection much if at all. And their gun accessories section still sucks.

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Figured this was a good a place as any since we don't have a Corpus ammo in stock thread. But academy in CC has a lot of ammo right now, just about everything to include bricks of 22.

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    brinks of 22? thats good to hear.... remember the price?

The two options they had were both 375 rounds (sorry don't remember the brand but it wasn't something I've never heard of) the one in the box was $17.99 and the other was the tuna can style but not sure on the price. They also have apparently done away with the one per caliber three box max with the exception of bulk packs which is still one per customer.

Top Bottom