• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sb47

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2013
    I’m only learning about reloading right now but maybe the depth of the primer in her reloads, could have caused the light strikes.
    I highly doubt primer depth had anything to do with it. Thr first gen P365 did have issues with light strikes and primer drag but the gen 2 was supposed to have fixed those issues. I did not ask her what gen she was using. As for the stove pipe that is usually caused by a limp grip from recoil incisive shooters. If I was her I would get her husband shoot it and see if the problem persist. If so I would send it back to sig for a an up grade on the newer parts. Any gun used for self defense needs to be 100% or it's useless. I think sig are good about correcting issues particular with the gen 1. Could also be the ammo used.
    I have 3 P365 and never had an issue whats so ever. That includes off the shelf ammo or re loads. She could have been using the cheap steel case ammo. I did not want to seem to noisy as the counter man seemed to be working with her and I didn't want to steep on any tows.
    Gun Zone Deals

bbslider001

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2020
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Was in 10 ring the other day and a lady came in and said her P365 had had some light primer strikes and didn't go off. She also said she had a few stove pipe failure to extract. She is also a re loader.She re ran the light strikes and the did go off the next time. The counter man gave her some suggestions to try. But that is the first time I have herd about any like strikes that failed to make it go off on the p356. All 3 of mind have been flawless. I sugested that if it happens again to call sig and have them send her a new striker spring. I didn't ask if hers was a first or seconded gen or not.'That would worry me for my carry gun, but hopefully she gets it worked out.
    I'd say reloader error, not gun error.

ronr68

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 9, 2011
    Taylor
    I’m glad everyone like their P365’s. I got to shoot one at the range a few weeks ago and wasn’t impressed enough to want one. I wii Just stick with my LCP2.

sb47

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2013
    I’m glad everyone like their P365’s. I got to shoot one at the range a few weeks ago and wasn’t impressed enough to want one. I wii Just stick with my LCP2.
    If you get the chance to try the P365xl you should. I like the XL much better then the standard 356. My XL holds a better group then the standard 365. However load choice my effect performance. I have not yet had a chance to run 115 vs 124 vs 147gr in each. One may favor one load over another. You may find a load that works better in one or the other. I prefer 147gr with 124's then the 115gr. But for different reasons other the grouping. Velocity and bullet weight and lingth of the bullet vs the twist rate can play a huge roll in preformance depending on what your looking for. I have been collecting different loads brands including some hand loads so I really need to do some real testing before coming to a conclusion.

sb47

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2013
    You can't just shoot one load and come to any really conclusive results. A different load may have changed your mind. You also need to bench shoot to reduce operator error. Some guns even of the same make and model may just more of a natural fit how you hold your gun.
    I have a Ruger security six that just fits my hand so well I almost never miss. My Ruger GP100 does not fit my hand quite as well and is harder to hold a s good a group as the security six does. If you find one that fits your hand and shoots well for you, you always hang on the those.

Last edited:

claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    I jumped on the P365 right when it came out. Ordered from the Sig Pro shop. It got recalled before they shipped it to me to fix the dead from night sight. Once I got it, it ran good for 500 rounds. Then I started seeing reports of striker and trigger srping failures. I just did not trust it and went back to my trusted Shield 9.

So, started getting into pistol optics and went with a 365XL since the Shield OR was not out yet. Been enjoying the XL so far. No issues and pretty much good to goout of the box for me. I did change to an aftermarket mag release.

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    I jumped on the P365 right when it came out. Ordered from the Sig Pro shop. It got recalled before they shipped it to me to fix the dead from night sight. Once I got it, it ran good for 500 rounds. Then I started seeing reports of striker and trigger srping failures. I just did not trust it and went back to my trusted Shield 9.

So, started getting into pistol optics and went with a 365XL since the Shield OR was not out yet. Been enjoying the XL so far. No issues and pretty much good to goout of the box for me. I did change to an aftermarket mag release.
    So your pistol had no failures but you benched it because you read some complaints on the interweb. But now you seem to trust, if I'm inferring correctly, the same pistol just in a different configuration? Just trying to follow the logic.

Iirc I had ~3 malfunctions with mine in the first ~100 rounds. None since. It's my edc. I have an original 365 with a manual safety xl grip module.

sb47

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2013
    Well, update, the RDS is dead in the water. So much for 10 years of battery life. Gonna get a Holosun I guess. SMFH
    I don't have the a red dot but from what I have read it is motion activated so if you carry all the time it may be the way it's carried thats is setting off the on/off signal and using up your battery life. If I depended on the red dot I would probably change the battery at least once a year even though it may be still working. Any carry gun must work 100% of the time without fail, for any reason what so ever. It could be the difference in life or death so I spare no expense on my carry gun be it ammo , mag issues or any other reason. I change out the ammo every six months even if it looks perfect and use the old ammo for practice. That is why I have at least 5 carry guns to choose from so if any one ever gives me a problem I switch it out until I work out why the issue happened and gives me time to get it worked out. Many times I carry more then just one at a time. It all depends on what and where I am going to be traveling. Some areas are not as bad as others and only require just one carry. Some areas are off limits and I try to avoid those areas if at all possible. You just can carry anywhere and you have to be mindful and pay attention in order to be a safe and legal CC holder. You just can't carry just anywhere you feel like it. You still have to follow all the laws and it's up to you to know what they are.

sb47

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2013
    Y'all should have got yourselves a .45!
    Body shape and size and weight and the way you dress for the day can limit many people to carry what works best for them. Thankfully we have lots of choices to find the best one that fits our individual needs. Lots of choices are a good thing.

1911'S 4 Me

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2018
    Humble
    Body shape and size and weight and the way you dress for the day can limit many people to carry what works best for them. Thankfully we have lots of choices to find the best one that fits our individual needs. Lots of choices are a good thing.
    You can't tell that to some on here. THEY think everyone should carry what they do.
    THEY know best for you, sort of like liberals making your decisions.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    You can't tell that to some on here. THEY think everyone should carry what they do.
    THEY know best for you, sort of like liberals making your decisions.
    You are 100% correct, some folks do think their way of carrying is the only way, but by and large, we are fortunate to have a good membership. A great deal can be learned by reading the forum. Some things that work for some folks don't work as well. But everyone has an option to making their own decisions.

bbslider001

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2020
    Fort Worth, Texas
    I don't have the a red dot but from what I have read it is motion activated so if you carry all the time it may be the way it's carried thats is setting off the on/off signal and using up your battery life. If I depended on the red dot I would probably change the battery at least once a year even though it may be still working. Any carry gun must work 100% of the time without fail, for any reason what so ever. It could be the difference in life or death so I spare no expense on my carry gun be it ammo , mag issues or any other reason. I change out the ammo every six months even if it looks perfect and use the old ammo for practice. That is why I have at least 5 carry guns to choose from so if any one ever gives me a problem I switch it out until I work out why the issue happened and gives me time to get it worked out. Many times I carry more then just one at a time. It all depends on what and where I am going to be traveling. Some areas are not as bad as others and only require just one carry. Some areas are off limits and I try to avoid those areas if at all possible. You just can carry anywhere and you have to be mindful and pay attention in order to be a safe and legal CC holder. You just can't carry just anywhere you feel like it. You still have to follow all the laws and it's up to you to know what they are.
    Ummm,ok. Kind of a weird segue into something other than red dots .Thanks for the EDC and CC rundown, even though completely off the subject and I didn't ask LOL.

Either way, the Holosun is an improvement over the Romeo. The "shake awake" feature doesn't seem to reliable, so it goes away. My Holosun on my duty rifle has a shake awake feature that never fails and that rifle goes everywhere. Pistol should be the same.

Top Bottom