• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    Thanks for the link. Those are great prices !

Check out the prices at www.pbrammo.com (parabellum research)

Their boxes are in 100 quantity. They are my new fav place to get ammo and are usually in stock. They are a Texas company. They are REALLY cheap. They limit you to 500 rounds at a time right now.

That is all.
    ARJ Defense ad

ShootingTheBull

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2013
    Freedom is remanufactured ammo meaning exact same process as new in box, just used shells, guess it's still reloaded, but the have the same constancy and quality as NIB ammo.
    Not entirely true. Freedom does make reloads, but they also make brand-new ammo. They offer both. You can tell which is which by whether it has an "N"ew or "R"emanufactured letter in the part name.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Yup. I've done it. Waited until there was someone else at the customer service counter, and picked up another few boxes.

I also learned that you don't have to wait in the customer service line. Just ask the greeter at the door for your two boxes. Then hit the customer service line after you deposit the ammo in your vehicle.

Got that tip from a guy in line when I bought my last brick of 22. He was in the line next to customer service holding his own brick.

rgwalt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Houston Heights
    I stopped by the Academy at 290 and 34th this AM. No .22 at the front desk, so I wandered back to the gun/ammo area to look for some .300 blackout (fat chance). I looked and looked with no luck. Just as I was about to turn to leave, I looked up to eye level and, right in my face, was two 1000 round boxes of Winchester M22. I grabbed both, walked up to the register, paid, and left.

CrazedJava

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2013
    DFW
    I hate when they impose limits. Can you leave the store, come back 10 minutes later and buy 2 more boxes?

They are rationing because of customers that were literally clearing the shelves when the panic hit. This way other customers have a chance to get what they need instead of just a handful of individuals who seem to have plenty of time and money.

It was that or jack up their prices.

Overall, I've appreciated how Academy has handled the shortage and they've been a lot easier to deal with than Wal-Mart.

Top Bottom