• Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Went over to Wal-Mart earlier.
    Saw a new type of ammo in the display case.
    Military 50cal size ammo can with 1200rds of 9x19. Only $497.00!!!!!! End of ammo can said Made in Turkey.
    Good grief. Right beside it was 100rd WWB 9x19 for $26.97. :banghead:
    Hurley's Gold

Moonpie

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    $150 for the can? :-) Walmart will sometimes play to the mathematically challenged.

I know right.
    And they had a BUNCH of it. Saw seven or eight cans.
    Had some in 223 also. 720rds. can't remember the price tho. They had gobs of different 223.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Spotted the same at two Wallies fifty miles apart today (SA & Sequin).

Last time I shot Turkish 5.56mm (September 2013) it patterned like a shotgun at 100 yards (3 inches). It is also loaded hot, recoil was significantly more than M885. I only shot one box (30 rounds). Glad I did not buy more than one box.

Can't find the fired cases right now, but did notice the head stamp did not have the NATO Circle Cross -- although the labeling on the box said it was manufactured to NATO M855 specification. The primer is "Staked" and sealed with a green lacquer. The projectile appears to be sealed with some kind of tar.

I guess the Turks do this, so this same ammo can be sent to Syrian rebels without implicating NATO.

ares338

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    Paris, Texas
    My Wally World in Greenville Texas never has crap except shotgun ammo. Well, I don't actually go to the store at 7 am to check though...LOL. By the time I am there at 11:00 am it's gone.

Moonpie

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    My guess is this overpriced Turkish stuff was ordered during the Great Panic last fall and is just now showing up in stores.

I hit Wal-Mart just now and two different stores have the stuff sitting on the floor behind the counter.
    It will not sell at that price.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    No dust, only cause they dust it off. Greedy fools at home office won't let us mark down shit anymore. Most every other .223 on the shelf is less per round, and better ammo. But it will sell to some fool that wants to stockpile.......... eventually.

from an non-recovering coffeeholic

Whisky

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    went to the next closest WMT ammo counter today - they had the same 1200 round ammo cans of 9mm for $400+++ - asked the "guy" if they were selling any of it - "NO" was the reply

this one did have .17HMR which I'm trying to stock up on (for the new rifle that I bought for my Wife's Christmas gift) - a little more than $1 LESS than I've been buying it for at my LGS so I got my 3 box limit

they also had a bunch of "other" ammo - .25, .380, .38spec, .40, .45 and lots of rifle ammo but I've got all of that that I need

Heinz Bar

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Spring Branch
    I bought ammo at Walmart today too. Asked the same question. Guy replied that it's 1200 rounds. Where else you gonna get 1200 rounds. With the three box limit you can buy three of them. No thanks. I'll buy the three boxes of Tula for 10 bucks each.

Whisky

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    :laughing:

ironic, no ? a buyer could buy 3600 rounds of 9mm (1200rd box X 3 box limit) but is limited to 150 rounds of "other" ammo (50rd box X 3 box limit)

I hope when "someone" buys that Turkish 9mm in the 1200rd box he posts here that he did so (I'll be looking for "spelling" and "sentence structure" as evidence of, well you know..)

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Washington MI (glorious in summer)
    My guess is this overpriced Turkish stuff was ordered during the Great Panic last fall and is just now showing up in stores.

I hit Wal-Mart just now and two different stores have the stuff sitting on the floor behind the counter.
    It will not sell at that price.

Prolly exactly right. It's about 3-4 months too late for the overpay crowd.

Top Bottom