• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ranger550

Live Free or Die
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That's what I thought but it'll open up a whole big can of worms for those trying to enforce the law. Unless they plan on pulling over every vehicle that crosses the state line, they'll be an awful lot of profiling going on to catch the people importing ammo from other states.

Not really. Most Californians will go to stores in Vegas or Reno. The Cops will get their license plate numbers and they will be pulled over at the CA state inspection facilities for a search.

http://www.experiencedcriminallawye...ense-plate-recognition-alpr-scanning-systems/

But I expect that the stores in NV will require a NV-AZ-OR-UT drivers license, or they wont sell any ammo to you, before that. it wont be long until other states adopt these same illegal laws either.

Last edited:

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Texas gun talk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You might want to get a little more time under your belt before you start criticizing thread topics.

You might also consider that California gun laws are often proposed at the federal level within a year or two of being passed. (Usually proposed by a CA politician) Watching California is a good way to see what crap we can expect in Washington

Ranger550

Live Free or Die
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Because you were not alive when he was there! Lol Google gas shortages in Crazifornia. Yup they happened back in late 70's- early 80's if I remember correctly...

I was not only alive back then, but I was hauling gasoline in a truck. Got flipped off more times then I care to think about. BTW, I am not a young man by any means, texas skeeter.

And it wasn't in the late 1970's. It was after the OPEC embargo of 1973. The prices doubled and in CA you could only buy gas on odd or even days according to the last digit on your vehicles license plate. Lots of people who owned more cars would switch them out to buy gas on the days they were not allowed to do so.

All Motorcycles, scooters and mopeds were exempt, so I dont what the hell Roger was talking about.

Lots of people were stealing gasoline as well, so I used to carry my own self back then. Try and steal from me and get a piece of lead in your head instead. Had to run some old boys out into a fence-line one time, since they wanted for me to stop.

Ain't gonna happen, fellers! Not on my watch it ain't. I am a hell of a truck driver and I dont mind saying so one little bit, TS.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Give it some time and Stupidfornia will put up their own wall so they can secede into their own Libtard Society for Snowflakes! Then you'll really be stuck behind enemy lines, I mean walls! lol

THIS is what we need. Let them drown in their own debt and when starve they'll beg to come back. F' that state.

Ranger550

Live Free or Die
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Anything is possible, but I'm not sure why they would do that. How would CA compel them to do so?

They would do so by voluntarism would be my guess, particularly the big outlets. But most Californians are stupid and would not take any back roads into California, like I would, if I were to buy ammo out of state. And it would be hidden from any quick searches. I wont need to do so as I expect to leave this shithole and I have lots of ammo ready to go for years if needed. So do millions of Californians for that matter.

gun-control.jpg

Last edited:

Ranger550

Live Free or Die
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    THIS is what we need. Let them drown in their own debt and when starve they'll beg to come back. F' that state.

You DO understand that millions of Californians are Red, not Blue, I hope. We want what you have, thus the push to split CA into a new state that will be called Jefferson.

If you have never been to the northern counties of California, or the mountain and foothill portions, you'd find LOTS of gun-owners who have NO representation is Sacramento at all. Thus the push for the state of Jefferson.

AR-15-MOLON-LABE.jpg

Last edited:

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    .........so I dont (know) what the hell Roger was talking about.

You obviously don't know what the Hell I was talking about! You weren't there, but you can state for a fact that the exchange never happened. It sounds like you are exactly where you need to be...........in California.

The reception people had for a biker with Texas tags was so bizarre, that on the second trip (7,824 miles), I bypassed California entirely! I came into California through El Centro Pass at San Diego and toured your lovely state from south to north. I got my fill of it.

Regarding your assertion that I was lying, I'll just consider the source. In the old days of TGT, I'd simply tell an obvious troll to F' Off, but we are trying to keep this place clean and friendly. I'll bid you a good day and suggest that you stay out of Texas. Folks here won't take kindly to your California way of relating to others.

Flash

Last edited:

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Thanks, Skeeter! Having a battle of wits with a person from California is like attacking an unarmed foe! If we could import the butt holes from New York and New Jersey to California, we could use that area for something besides dope, hookers and garbage.

Flash

pissedoffpatriot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2016
    What I don't understand is why the liberals in Calif wend out and found that old drunk pos Jerry Brown and put him back in the governor mansion he was a piece of Shit in the 1980 when he was governor the first time and like shit it does not get better with age.

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I am a real fan of California's Governor Jerry Brown. He was poking Linda Ronstadt before she got fat and that gives him bonus points in my book!

Flash

jeepinbanditrider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Dallas
    Most patriotic Californians are NOT going to get rid of, or modify a STANDARD capacity magazine to hold 10 rounds. We will also NOT register into the Ammunition database, as that will connect you to a certain caliber firearm. Buying some .223 NATO through an ammo license will flag you a possible owner of an AR-15 for instance.

Many Californians who know that these laws are unconstitutional haven't been obeying "the gun laws" for many years or decades now. Why would they obey this one? A: they wont.

And for now they haven't restricted reloading, but they will given time. Hopefully I will be gone by that time or the crap hits the fan and none of this bull-stuff will matter.

I feel like my comments may have been taken too personally. Maybe? Dunno. I know people choose to ignore the law. I shot a lot of IDPA, USPSA, and multigun stuff when I was there and scores of folks didn't even bother with the bullet buttons. And those that did ran some type of bypass such as the magnetic bullet button tool or they screwed the "install tool" far enough on to bypass the bullet button then removed it for the trip home.

Lots of 30 round magazines as well even MAGPULs and the like.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Years ago ... my father told me that the problem with California was that once those folks figured out that their communist state would go broke, they will start to move East and destroy everything we worked so hard to achieve.

Californians are like locusts, who just want more to feast on without having to pay.

Look at what they have done to Washington, Oregon, Nevada, Arizona, Idaho, Colorado, and parts of Texas (Austin)!

It is no different than what the progressive scourge from New England, New York and New Jersey did to Florida.

There is no end in sight until the Blue States go belly up and their peoples get kicked off the gravy-train.

Be well.

Ranger550

Live Free or Die
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    .........so I dont (know) what the hell Roger was talking about.

You obviously don't know what the Hell I was talking about! You weren't there, but you can state for a fact that the exchange never happened. It sounds like you are exactly where you need to be...........in California.

The reception people had for a biker with Texas tags was so bizarre, that on the second trip (7,824 miles), I bypassed California entirely! I came into California through El Centro Pass at San Diego and toured your lovely state from south to north. I got my fill of it.

Regarding your assertion that I was lying, I'll just consider the source. In the old days of TGT, I'd simply tell an obvious troll to F' Off, but we are trying to keep this place clean and friendly. I'll bid you a good day and suggest that you stay out of Texas. Folks here won't take kindly to your California way of relating to others.

Flash

Roger: I never meant to call you a liar at all, lets just get that straight. I am not your enemy at all, period.

When I said that motorcycles could buy on any day, I meant CA motorcycles. I dont know how out of state drivers were treated like since I was in the petroleum delivery business and I could get gas on any day of the week, unlike most motorists.

How'd you like to be a young man driving a fuel truck and have people flipping you off all day long for something that was out of your control? OK, you got fucked in California; I believe you.

That was not my doing. OPEC shut the oil flow off, and drivers like me had to pay the penalty for something we had nothing to do with. You Texans seem to think CA is a bowl of "fruits and nuts" and I dont blame you.

My heart is not with California and hasn't been for a long time. Please dont shoot the messenger here, OK? If I ever move to TX you can bet that I wont be bringing CA with me.

Top Bottom