• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Code3GT

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 12, 2008
    Austin
    I went to an auto parts store to get some camo paint for a little rifle painting project of mine. When I went to check out, the guy said per a new city of austin ordnance, a form has to be filled out. I said "you're shi!!ing me right??". No. So i take a look at this thing and its just a spreadsheet type printout with categories for Name, Address, DL# and color of paint...yes, Im serious. I laughed and asked what the nature of this BS is. He said...and I quote "there's one lady who's been assigned at APD to keep track of all spray paint sales in austin and combat tagging/graffiti." At this point my head was in my hand as I tried to contemplate the logic behind this. My points as we discussed this rediculous logic was this...

1) Williamson County is literally across the street...with no ordnance...get it?

2) Tax dollars are seriously wasted on a database of colors?? (rainbow is more like it)
    rolleyes.gif

3) They going to research (and maintain) a database when tagging is found and question/interrogate everyone who bought the color black/white/etc??? What about the eleventy billion cans of flourescant orange on construction sites?
    hsugh.gif

4) They can come find John Doe who lives at 123 Anywhere St. with DL# F-YOU, who bought the color CLEARCOAT
    woot2.gif

I'm going to try and find out who this "lady" is and wtf is up with this new deal because it is SERIOUSLY a waste of time, money, and brain cells! Oh how the liberal mind is warped!

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I hope you simply went somewhere else and did not give up personal information to a 7.00 per hour clerk in the name of "its for the public good".

BeNotAfraid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Red River, Texas
    INSANE!

...more of that Lib-Tard "let's make a law and end all this" stuff.

find the bloody punks messing around, and toss the book at 'em.

(Having lived among the "Libtards" 'back East," lemme tell ya...
    if that Godless Commie gun-hater Nobama gets in,
    you won't be able to pass wind without filling out a gobmint form...)

P.S.
    and then they'll TAX YOU on it!

longtooth

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Lufkin, Texas
    Under Gov. Dolph Brisco, I believe, (if you are not 50 you dont remember it) we had the same thing on hand gun ammo. Had to give DL info calier, & # of boxes. It was in essence defacto gun registration. Anyone could ask for the ammo log book.
    That was in the day when gun owners were only responsive to bad laws instead of proactive to stop them before passed.

If they did it w/ ammo, are doing it w/ paint, they can start again w/ ammo, loading components, cleaning supplies, & gun cases,...& still claim they support the 2nd Amendment because they are only using common sense to "monitor" the use of illegal firearms.

Then when they make the guns illegal they dont have to hunt them but know where to go.

sharky47

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    You are yet another victim of people calling themselves government who believe in the cult of the state.....

kville79

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2008
    Austin
    I find this thread hilarious... most street artist AKA graffiti artist I know don't use spray paint in all their works. Paint markers do a better job, unless you're stenciling...

Here's some good examples of street art: Wooster Collective

Any legislation to stop graffiti is going to not work. I remember distinctly walking around some castle in Palma De Mallorca and seeing inscribed in the wall the name of some American visitor from the mid 19th century.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom