• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Flight954

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Cypress, TX
    I traded in my Ruger Mark III Hunter for a new Beretta 90 TWO 40cal. and I got 100 rounds of Independence 180gr. FMJ target ammo at my favorite gun shop on Saturday. I then go to the range and before shooting I run a few patches wet then dry down the bore before shooting (and I did it very gingerly). Well the accuracy seemed a bit off as compared to my M9, so attribute it to maybe being a 40cal., no big deal I'll just have to get used to it. So I get the pistol home and field strip it and go to cleaning and notice that the bore looks horrible, especially toward the front and out beyond the crown. It's like they did the broaching of the bore with a dulled broach. This is a brand new gun and at this point I'm not a happy camper. I really like the feel and performance of the gun, but I think it's lacking accuracy because of the jacked bore and crown. I've bought, sold and traded many pistols in the past and this is the first time I've had this problem. Do I take back to the shop I got it from or just call Beretta?
    Lynx Defense

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Try taking it back to the shop first, then call Beretta, that's what I'd do.

I'm a jerk: I usually do a pretty thorough inspection of anything I'm going to buy. Then again, I usually buy used, so stripping it down before I spend my cash is usually a given.

Flight954

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Cypress, TX
    iphone pic update
    Now how in the world did that get by Berettas QC dept.?

Beretta90-TWObarrel003.gif

Beretta90-TWObarrel006.gif

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Holy crap, that's horrendous! It looks like the die they pushed through the barrel was made on a bench grinder in a third world country!

I'd email those and your story to Beretta and see what comes of it.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Let us know what the gun shop says when they see it. Some manufacturers REQUIRE the owner to return the gun - given the paperwork involved plus the regulatory issues, they don't want to deal with tradeouts, etc. But hopefully they'll jump on THIS issue like yesterday!

Flight954

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Cypress, TX
    I think every gunshop/firearm dealer has the same disclaimer that states if a (new) firearm is purchased and something is wrong with workmanship of the firearm, the purchaser is required to send it back to the manufacturer. Now at this particular shop they would have bent over back wards if it was a used firearm. With a new firearm it's really out of their hands. This is the first time this has happened to me and I've bought and sold quite a few firearms over the years so I'll just chalk it up as a learning experience. Being my third Beretta pistol and the letter I sent along with the pistol, I hope they take care of the problem or they will lose a consumer and I'll do everything in my power to turn my fellow firearm friends away from the Beretta brand.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    So your favorite gun shop referred you to Beretta? They would not take care of the problem? Does not sound like a favorite gun shop to me!

No gun shop is going to do anything, they'd just be complicating it and making the problem take longer to resolve.

It's alot easier and faster for the owner to call, voice his concern, and then send the pistol in. That way the owner can remain up to date on the situation, and just get it taken care of.

If you took it back to the dealer he'd have to re-log the pistol into the books, call Beretta, mail it in, field calls from the owner, call Beretta, call the owner back, get the pistol back, transfer the pistol off the books, and the owner would have driven back and forth to the gun shop.

It's not that they don't want to deal with it, but it's just easier and more efficient for the owner to take care of it. That way they can tell them what's wrong with it in their own words and ensure their own timely satisfaction.

Flight954

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Cypress, TX
    After 4 months and several calls, I finally got my pistol back from Beretta.
    The several times I called they kept telling me they were waiting on the barrel assembly to come from Italy. Finally I got fed up yesterday and got on the customer service site and posted a rant, basically stating my frustration. Well this morning my shipping clerk comes in with a UPS RED package from Beretta. Wow, to my suprise a brand new different serial numbered 90 TWO. It's about freakin time!!!:banghead: Checked the barrel and everything is fine.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    That is by far the crappiest looking barrel I have seen in ANY gun, new or used. Glad to see that Beretta finally made it right. The fact that it got through the QC dept. is a bit disturbing, either way.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom