• ...and so much more!
  • DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    zt.jpg

Zero Tolerance 0350, this thing is BAD! It is an assisted opener that has as much kick as most of my autos and more than some. The blade is hair popping sharp and beefy. Clip is reversable for tip up or down, left or right. Lock-up is firm and weight is light... Very nice blade....
    Venture Surplus ad

dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    Nice knife!

Here is a pic. of the last knife I bought on Gunbrokers.

Last edited by a moderator:

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    I'm on the fence on the ZT knives. They seem a bit too big to me, but I know that Kershaw makes some really good stuff.

I was as well, but once I actually laid hands on them I changed my mind. These are large knives for the most part, marketed towards the tactical market. They are "beefy" and sturdy. This is not what I would consider to be a pocket knife, however I would not rely on or use my pocket knives to perform the same tasks as this particular knife.... As far as Kershaws quality, they are fine for an average knife, nothing against them, but the majority of their blades would not come close to my usual carries, the ZT line is hard to lump in with the rest of their products....

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I've got a SOG Trident that I carry every day now (even though SA says I can't). It's been up to some hard tasks. Slightly tougher than the Kershaws so far, but IMO it's only because the blade steel seems to be a bit better.

As far as Kershaws, I'm a mechanic, and tend to use my pocket knife to augment my toolbox. I'm always doing dumb things like cutting tough materials or using it to pry at things with. A couple weeks ago, a customer had a rear window shattered in a Range Rover, we used my Trident to cut the remains out of the window frame. My Kershaws have been through many a tire sidewall, so the lock-up is solid. The only weak point I found was that I'd snap the point off them when prying at things (I know; don't do that...) and wear out the torsion bar for the assisted open. The torsion bar is no biggie; it opens the same without it. The tips aren't much of a biggie, either, since most Snap-on dealers sell Kershaws, too. I just go to the truck and hand them a broken knife, walk off the truck with a new knife.

I've definitely owned worse knives like the CRKT M-16 knives.. crap compared to the Kershaw, IMO.

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    I've definitely owned worse knives like the CRKT M-16 knives.. crap compared to the Kershaw, IMO.

I have owned several CRKT knives, and after several issurs with a few (in their defense, most were 1st gen) the only folder I have is a Ryan, only other I have is a STIFF K.I.S.S., until I have seen otherwise I wont carry anything else made by them.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Hey DirtyD Nice Knife! We sell the Zero Tolerance Line at TXTactical Source! Come and check them out!!!!
    We have almost every ZT. Right now we have an order come in of all ZT models :)

htxred

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    inner loop houston
    this is true, i had to use my ZT 0300 to fight off this lovely older lady that wanted me to comp her range fee. i got mine from txtacticalsource, the one place i get all my tactical gear!

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    The 300 is a great blade, but man that thing is huge! (go ahead.... I know its coming.) This is the same knife, reduced in size 10% and with a liner lock instead of a frame lock....
    And I definatley will check out your ZT line next time I am in!

Zen

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2009
    Kingwood, Tx
    Let me know how it holds up to steady work - I've liked those for awhile but never heard from anyone on how they held up to the real world.

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    Just spent two weeks beating the snot out of this knife in the woods of central Lousy-Anna and it performed like a champ, still pops open faster than any auto I have had except my lone wolf, and the edge is still shaving sharp with very little touch up required.....

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom