New Blood gang initiation tactic. Watch yourselves out there folks.

Discussion in 'Knives, Tactical Gear, and Survival' started by sonuvaTXgun, Nov 5, 2013.

1. sonuvaTXgun

sonuvaTXgun TGT Addict

Feb 14, 2013
    Borger, TX
    This sort of fits into the "Survival" portion of this forum but I'm going to post here just in case. It's been spreading like wildfire on Facebook and other sites. Not sure if this is credible or not (most likely not) but if so, I'm definitely going to be more aware and keep my Glock within arm's reach while in my truck as I usually do :twin:

It's a habit for me to let people know if their lights are off and I'm not going to stop doing it (especially here in College Station) but I wouldn't put it past those miscreant gang members to pull something like this.

Keep your guns close, your wits closer, and a bullet in the chamber.

[​IMG]

2. TxBigfoot

TxBigfoot Active Member

Aug 10, 2011
    Red Oak
    That's an OLD urban legend.

3. sonuvaTXgun

sonuvaTXgun TGT Addict

Feb 14, 2013
    Borger, TX
    It's news to me. Glad it's old news though.

4. breakingcontact

breakingcontact TGT Addict

Oct 16, 2012
    Outside Austin
    Still smart to be aware though. Gangs have changed a lot in the last 20 years.

When their leadership gets locked up/killed, they get really violent.

5. sonuvaTXgun

sonuvaTXgun TGT Addict

Feb 14, 2013
    Borger, TX
    Exactly. I know gangs aren't popular where I live but there are still wannabe gangbangers who commit atrocious crimes in the name of the 'hood and your common criminals who pose a threat. You can never be too cautious.

6. HillRider

HillRider Active Member

Nov 5, 2013
    Helotes, TX
    Never let your guard down these days.

7. Shotgun Jeremy

Shotgun Jeremy TGT Addict

Jul 8, 2012
    Copperas Cove
    That's been debunked. The best thing you can do is keep an eye on your mirrors, and if you think you're being followed, make 4 left or right turns in a row (so you're making a circle). If they're still on you after the final turn, keep your gun close, call the local police station and let them know you're on the way with a follower.

8. breakingcontact

breakingcontact TGT Addict

Oct 16, 2012
    Outside Austin
    Also watch out for the bump...rob and run.

Criminals count on their victims to do the civilized thing and pull over and exchange insurance and wait for the cops when we get rear ended. They have other plans.

9. Shotgun Jeremy

Shotgun Jeremy TGT Addict

Jul 8, 2012
    Copperas Cove
    Yea, that one has been out. The best you can do is pull over, lock your doors, call the cops, and watch your surroundings with your gun near by.

10. CanTex

CanTex Active Member TGT Supporter

Mar 4, 2009
    Pflugerville
    I would suggest that pulling over and locking your doors makes you a stationary target. Continuing on the road keeping at posted speed or less would be a better option.