Patriot Mobile

[New Braunfels] NIB Weatherby Vanguard 2 .270 Eurosport w/Leopold VX-7L scope - FS/FT

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Okay guys.....here's the deal - Friends of NRA put this package together:

A Weatherby Vaguard 2 Eurosport, along with a Leopold VX-7L. The Weatherby is chambered in .270, and the scope is matched specifically to the round and the rifle. This is NOT one of those "hunter packages" that you see on sale everywhere, but a limited-production (1200 made) rifle that is just flat-out pretty. Problem for me is that I've a long time 7mm mag shooter, and I just don't see that changing.

More info:

2013 Friends of NRA Gun of the Year - YouTube

Price - $2,500.00, or interesting (and reasonable) trade. As always, .45's offered in trade get the most attention. PLEASE be reasonable - this gun is UNFIRED - so please don't try to offer a coupla used Kimbers, or some AR upper in trade.

PLEASE NOTE - I will be traveling to Houston and Dallas tomorrow and Wednesday, and can bring it if I know this evening that you're either ready w/cash in hand, or a confirmed trade. If I can't work something out, it'll easily fit in the safe, but this gun deserves to go hunting! PM offers, please....

100_0550_zps9421062a.gif

100_0552_zpseb67fd7a-1-1.gif
    ARJ Defense ad

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    It IS a helluva scope - from what I've read, it's top-shelf of Leopold's line, and a light-gathering monster. If I didn't have so much love for my 7mm mag, this one would never be available!

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    I scanned this and was telling a Weatherby nut friend about it, he asked if it was the magnum chamber.
    I'm sure it's not or you would have listed it as such.

I sent him the link so he'll get your answer.

Last edited:

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Honestly, I don't know....I'm not a big Weatherby aficionado - he might be able to tell more from some of the links above, or if there's something I can look for, tell him ta holler.

Gonna leave it up for a coupla more days, then it's gonna get posted over to GB.....so if yer thinkin' on it, speak up - an' as always, trades involving 1911's are usually a good idea....<G>

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Honestly, I don't know....I'm not a big Weatherby aficionado

You don't have to be an aficionado...it will say what caliber it is on the barrel....either .270 Win or .270 Winchester Short Magnum or .270 Weatherby Magnum. Not specifying which one it is implies the most common, .270 Win.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Well....D'OH!!! Sorry - was thinkin' they were askin' about something else - as I found when researching this beast, they've got more variations that a drunk 20 dollar hooker....<G> Sorry - yes, it's a .270 Win chamber!

Top Bottom