• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I'm sure glad I didn't get that.

My sense of taste is back to a shadow of normal. Nothing tastes exactly right except (maybe) Coca-Cola but at least Oreo cookies no longer taste like a block of salt coated in whatever is the most bitter thing you've ever tasted. They don't taste right but the old taste has become slightly dominant, though the salt and bitter are still definitely there.

For a fat guy like me who really likes food, the losing the ability to enjoy the taste of my food is a real quality-of-life issue. It's not up there with major problems and it sounds like nearly-baseless whining. And it is. But it's still chaps my butt that I seem to be stuck with it.
    That might be my only hope of losing weight.

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    I don’t have a list.
    But here’s an abstract on the role of memory T cells, which “remember past occurrences” of the bug

But it is true that some antibodies remain in circulation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    T cells and memory cells are great in some circumstances. for instance if you've had a viral infection but your antibodies drop to a level that allow you to be reinfected these cells can jump in start fighting the infection and producing antibodies. This can reduce the severity and duration of the infection.

The same holds true if you've been vaccinated but enough time has passed and the level of antibodies drop to a level that allows you to be reinfected the T and memory cells can reduce the severity and duration of the infection.

If you've never had a particular infection or the vaccine for that particular infection the T cells and memory cells have nothing to work with and your immune system is starting from scratch.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    My sister's very conservative primary care physician saw her yesterday and said she's far more open to Ivermectin doing some good than she once was.

A good lecture from October.
    The ACTIV-6, PRINCIPLE, IVERCOL, and IVERNEX-TUC trials are still ongoing as of my googl—fu today.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    I tested positive last week and they prescribed Ivermectin. The locally owned pharmacy was the only one in this area that even carried Ivermectin, but they were temporarily out. It also is not covered by most insurance companies.

jamesmrj

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2011
    Cypress, TX
    Also, try H-E-B or Costco's pharmacies. When we needed it, Costco was willing but out and H-E-B was willing and able to provide it. Sadly it was pretty damned expensive. $150 for me and $110 for the wife.

Also look at www.safemeds4all.com

Last edited:

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.

The One Amino Acid That Could Cure COVID?​

SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas
    T cells and memory cells are great in some circumstances. for instance if you've had a viral infection but your antibodies drop to a level that allow you to be reinfected these cells can jump in start fighting the infection and producing antibodies. This can reduce the severity and duration of the infection.

The same holds true if you've been vaccinated but enough time has passed and the level of antibodies drop to a level that allows you to be reinfected the T and memory cells can reduce the severity and duration of the infection.

If you've never had a particular infection or the vaccine for that particular infection the T cells and memory cells have nothing to work with and your immune system is starting from scratch.
    Interesting and thanks for the info. I had the Covid antibodies blood test in August and was way high, a good thing. I had another in December and still high but not as much. Doc says I had obviously had the virus but I don't remember anything bad. Was it that dry cough or runny nose I thought was seasonal allergy? Will never know. The CDC is now admitting that natural immunity like that is much better than the jab. Israel study says 27 times stronger. Who knows....

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    The CDC is now admitting that natural immunity like that is much better than the jab. Israel study says 27 times stronger. Who knows....
    Natural immunity is stronger and lasts longer. The down side is that you have to have the disease to get it and that hasn't worked out well for a lot of people. Even for those that have survived, who are left with damage to their organs that will likely shorten their life expectancy.

SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas
    Only thing unusual for me is putting on about 20 pounds since June and my memory seems to be slipping, the one thing I had left that worked. I don't know where the weight comes from, never had an issue. But at age 73, who knows. They both happened pretty much same time period....

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    I still have the smelling issue you describe from my September bout with Covid. It always shows up for coffee and cooking/cooked ground beef. Random times as well.

My neighbor two doors down has the same.
    I had it November 2020 and loss of smell was the last symptom. Even now, coffee does not smell "right". I can smell fresh ground coffee but it has overtones of dirt.
    Freaky.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    CDC now admitting officially that natural immunization is best. "Separate research the CDC published on Wednesday showed that among patients in California and New York during the Delta wave, prior infection provided more protection against Covid-19 than vaccination"

They say that third dose of vax is effective against Oimcron hospitalizations. Well, overall hospitalizations are down (percentage wise) as this is a milder strain.

New admissions in the Northeast, where Omicron exploded after its first U.S. detection in early December, appear to have been on the decline for at least a week, data from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services show.

Reactions: gll
    Top Bottom