New cricket, should there be a screw here?

STXdevilsquid

Feb 14, 2013
Live Oak
Son got a New cricket from Santa, I am guessing that this hole is to mount a swivel for a sling, there's also one in the buttstock, but just want an expert opinion from this great knowledge source to make sure. image.jpg

outdare

Well-Known
TGT Supporter
Jul 24, 2009
Houston
Its for strap swivels. My daughter's is the same way just pink. I have a question. Does your sons Cricket have a hole in the bottom of the receiver area or does it have a bullet guide? We find it difficult to chamber a round. If the round is not started in the barrel the bolt will not push in the round in the receiver part. It makes it difficult to load if you have big hands.

vmax

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
Apr 15, 2013
that hole is for a swivel stud. I guess they figured the owner would need help with a sling because those guns are so heavy:laughing:

Lucas Mccain

Oct 20, 2012
Trophy Club Texas
My son has one too and we have to actually place the bullet in the barrel then use the bolt to finish pusing it in. It's not bad once you get the hang of it. He used the gun for about a year then I ended up getting him a CZ bolt action once I was comfortable on how he was using the firearm. These guns are great for stater guns but isn't somthing the kids will use all their lives. Although, I really like it and am really accurate with it, it's what I use when we have a family compentition.

vmax

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
Apr 15, 2013
Ha, Ha, now take your young shooter to an Project Appleseed and learn what a sling is really good for.

(Hint: it's not for carrying it through the woods.)
good point there.

Top Bottom