• ...and so much more!
  • easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    We’ve met. A couple times; your actually closer is beliefs and philosophy to the folks I grew up with here than many people who were born here.

But, as great as the PNW may have been to you, it wasn’t good enough to keep you there.

It’s a touchy area, but I’d consider you reformed.
    You mean California north? It's certainly not the Seattle of my childhood, and no longer my home.
    Military Camp

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    Yeah, but if you do know anything, you know that Virginia was the birthplace several men that made Texas what it is.. for example Stephen F. Austin, first Governor and "Father" of Texas...

We don’t usually like foreigners coming here and trying to teach us Texas history, but since you’re new here and unfairly called a yankee we’ll let it slide this time.

And on a serious note, Welcome to the forum.

VAShotgun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Spring
    We don’t usually like foreigners coming here and trying to teach us Texas history, but since you’re new here and unfairly called a yankee we’ll let it slide this time.

And on a serious note, Welcome to the forum.

LOL, I appreciate that, sir !! Virginians and Texans have a lot in common they say... never backing down being one of those... From a lot of what I read, it looks like I might just fit in here. Oh, and that was Virginia history...

TxStetson

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    LOL, I appreciate that, sir !! Virginians and Texans have a lot in common they say... never backing down being one of those... From a lot of what I read, it looks like I might just fit in here. Oh, and that was Virginia history...
    I spent a little time around the Norfolk area. Enjoyed Virginia, hated Norfolk.

VAShotgun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Spring
    Yeah if you stay away from Norfolk and DC, Virginia is pretty nice.
    I tend to agree- I was born and raised on a farm in the Blue Ridge Mountains of southwest Virginia, spent waaay too many years around Quantico and just outside the District of Corruption. It took e a little longer than most (guess I'm a slow learner), but I did finally get here..

VAShotgun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Spring
    I will say it was kinda cool visiting that church (I can't remember the name) with the cannonball embedded in it's wall from a British ship during the war of independence in downtown Norfolk.

Hopefully you had a chance to go to Chancellorsville, Wilderness, Bull Run, or one of the many battlefields from the War of Northern Aggression..

TxStetson

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    I will say it was kinda cool visiting that church (I can't remember the name) with the cannonball embedded in it's wall from a British ship during the war of independence in downtown Norfolk.
    The one down the street from the 2nd worst Hooters I ever visited.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Hopefully you had a chance to go to Chancellorsville, Wilderness, Bull Run, or one of the many battlefields from the War of Northern Aggression..
    I can't remember all the names of the places I went. I love history and historical places. When I wasn't working at the shipyard in Norfolk I was most likely out sightseeing.

Top Bottom