• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CC Sig-girl

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Saw link to this sight on the Sig Forum and thought I would join my fellow Texans ( and others), and see what is happening.

I have been around guns all my life but it was mainly rifles for deer hunting. I shot my first deer when I was 8 and have gotten 1 or 2 almost every year since. My parents gave me a Remington .222 when I was 12 and I used it until about 10 years ago I started using my Father's Marlin 30-30. In the early 80s I shot unlimited silhouettes with a Thompson Contender. A few years back My Father gave me a Smith & Wesson .22 revolver that he and his siblings bought for their Father in about 1946. For my birthday this year my Father gave me a Sig-Sauer P232. I really love this gun. I did get some Hougue grips for it but other than that I have no wish for any other changes. I am trying to get to know guns and ammo better and maybe meet some new people. From what I have seen on this forum, it looks like I can learn alot here. I am from Corpus Christi, born and raised. Hope everyone has a great day! Later.... K
    Military Camp

mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Welcome to the forum.I just got my sister a 232 .380 and she loves it.We need more women who shoot on this forum.Again,Welcome.

phatcyclist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Welcome! I had a Sig 232 for a while and even qualified for my CHL with it. I got a wild hair and sold it, but I have always wished I hadn't.

CC Sig-girl

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks to all for the welcomes. I also agree that there should be more women that are into shooting or at least can handle a gun.

To txinvestigoator - welcome back to the edge of the world, I hope you and your family enjoy yourselves. If you have an urge to go shooting or gun shopping, check out The Sharp Shooter on S. Staples, it is our only indoor range that I know about. Also, If you love shrimp and/or oysters, stop in Catfish Charlies. Since you lived here before you may already know of these places but it's the female in me wanting to be a good hostess, lol. Have a great time and a safe trip home.

Later... Kim

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    We ate at Blackbeards, Joe's Crab Shack on the T-Head, Snoopys on the JFK, Pier 99, and some fresh fish a buddy caught the day we ate it. Yumm. Of course, we had to hit one of the Tauqera Jaliscos.

Thanks for the hospitality.

czechmate82

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    Hi, I'm in Portland, TX, so not too far from you. I don't know if you've ever tried the outdoor shooting range in Aransas Pass, but I go there about twice a month. It's not much to look at, but it's ok. Would be nice to have a shooting buddy out there sometime, or nearby.

LHB1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Houston
    Welcome aboard, CC Sig-girl. Glad to have you but you are bringing back lots of memories. My wife and I also lived in CC many years ago and ate frequently at the old Ship Ahoy down town (now gone away). I was Sec at the CC Pistol and Rifle Club for several years until my job moved me to Houston. Do they still have a pistol program there? We had bi-monthly combined shoots (pistol-rifle-shotgun) and quarterly 2700 point Bullseye pistol matches with a big annual Buccaneer Days pistol match. Sure had a lot of fun at the range when it was new.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Hey CC, welcome. I too am originally from Corpus, my folks are still there.

For indoor range I go to the Sharp Shooter (use to go to the old location a lot - in fact my now husband and I had range dates when we first started seeing each other). For outdoor, I go to grandpa's farm. I've tried the range out in Aransas, as said, its not much to look at. Actually, you'll need to join to get in. My uncle and his boys are members so they invited me and my dad out there one afternoon when I was back home for the week. They don't let nonmembers in.

After telling the guy we're Navy and home on vacation, I can't buy a membership cause I won't use it (obviously - I live in Japan) and we drove all the way out, etc. I got him sweet-talked enough he let us in for $20ea for the rest of the weekend. Anyway, good man, and we thanked him for understanding and allowing us to shoot.

Just be aware you need a membership

Top Bottom