• ...and so much more!
  • PhulesAu

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 26, 2013
    Texas, Mostly
    Not seeing much in the way of "Air Defense" there, But I'd take one in a heart beat. Must be nice to be able to destroy barrels just for a demo.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Duh! Just another variation of the MG-34/42 and M-60. Cyclic rate is pretty lame compared to the ripping cloth of the -42.

Notice that the belt was not fed from an ammo can.

H&K is overpriced, over hyped, and arrogant as hell to boot!

reddog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2013
    Terlingua
    Duh! Just another variation of the MG-34/42 and M-60. Cyclic rate is pretty lame compared to the ripping cloth of the -42.

Notice that the belt was not fed from an ammo can.

H&K is overpriced, over hyped, and arrogant as hell to boot!

We must have watched different vids or you have no clue of what you were seeing. Whole different class from the mg-34/42 or M-60. The high cyclic rate of the 42 did nothing but waste ammo on anything but aircraft.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    The main thing I noticed was almost zero recoil for a 7.62 MG. Pretty impressive IMO.

kabob

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Dallas
    Not seeing much in the way of "Air Defense" there, But I'd take one in a heart beat. Must be nice to be able to destroy barrels just for a demo.

They didn't destroy the barrel. They were demonstrating how robust the barrels are just by letting them cool in water and shooting em all over again.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I've only shot one HK, a 40 cal pistol. It normally takes me a couple of mags before I get accurate with a new handgun. But this sucker was different. First mag resulted in a 4 inch group. Pretty good for me.

But I would love to shoot that MG in the video. Never shot a full auto anything before.

PhulesAu

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 26, 2013
    Texas, Mostly
    They didn't destroy the barrel. They were demonstrating how robust the barrels are just by letting them cool in water and shooting em all over again.
    After a couple of those "cooling" sessions that barrel's gonna get brittle. like doing a bad cryo treatment. I'd rather alternate barrels.

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    After a couple of those "cooling" sessions that barrel's gonna get brittle. like doing a bad cryo treatment. I'd rather alternate barrels.

X2. I don't care what metal you're using. Rapidly cooling something like that is going to cause issues.

sent from Jennifer Lawrence's bedroom

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    What was going on right after the 3 min mark, looked like he was shooting right into somebodies yard by their house?

kabob

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Dallas

X2. I don't care what metal you're using. Rapidly cooling something like that is going to cause issues.

sent from Jennifer Lawrence's bedroom

This vid is old and was made by H&K at their Oberndorf testing ground to prove how robust those barrels are. Go argue your point with H&K's metallurgists :p I'm this guy :banana:

PhulesAu

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 26, 2013
    Texas, Mostly
    Awwww Not that guy:beat: I'm a H&K owner and am Very pleased with my .45. But I do recognize Advertising fudgery when I see it. :green:

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom