• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MamaAbby

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2013
    Copperas Cove
    I have had so much fun lurking on the rants section, and lost several hours of sleep but the laughter was worth it. I am a single mom of 2 kids. I have been going to the range since I was 16. I take my 16yo son to the range sometimes, and now my 10yo daughter has been asking to go too. I plan on getting my CHL next spring. I don't have any range friends out here so I usually go solo, but that is so relaxing. My kids call it mommy's lead therapy! I'm looking forward to meeting other like minded people out in this area. I/we are a very conservative leaning family.
    DK Firearms

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    Welcome to the forum. I absolutely love that we are continually gaining more female members especially TEXAN women. This forum is showing how well its flourishing through the years.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

JimmyB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2013
    Tomball, TX
    Welcome to the site!!! Which range are you going to around there? I lived in Cove from 06-11, used to go to "Just Glocks" in Cove.

MamaAbby

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2013
    Copperas Cove
    I love Just Glocks! That is the only place I've gone to out here, and they are reasonably priced in regards to range fees and ammo. My work schedule closely resembles a drive by shooting (random and senseless) so I usually have the range to myself. I'm not military and I refuse to register my gun with anyone, so I don't join my military friends on base. It is odd that there aren't more women shooters isn't it? I have taken a couple women from work to the range with me, they had never shot before and they loved it. I'm taking the kids to go visit a gun nut in Houston soon so my daughter can try out a 22 before I buy one for her to practice with. I've never shot a shotgun or rifle, so I wouldn't know anything about buying one or shooting one, but that is on my bucket list. Thanks for the warm welcome y'all!

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    Other gun forums i belong to have a much stronger female following. However this is newer and a niche forum so it takes time but still it should be a lot more.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    I have had so much fun lurking on the rants section, and lost several hours of sleep but the laughter was worth it.
    Welcome. You're very sick too, perfect fit ;)

http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/other-areas/50303-hicksville-central-texas-range-day-nov-2-a.html

Right up the road from you AND, many people bring their kids too. I'd say from around 8yo to 50+.

Seriously, a generous, safety minded group of people who are always willing to share their toys. Great way for you and the kids to handle and try many types of weapons.

Watch out for shooterphelgm, he's been nice lately so apparently they're experimenting with new meds on him.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Welcome to the forum :D
    Just Blocks...errr Glocks is right at the bottom of my hill, yet I primarily go to Hicksville. You should go to the meet and see what all the talk is about.

Top Bottom