• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Whisky

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    IMO a SS 9mm would make more sense - cheaper ammo (by a lot!) and a slightly more powerful round than .380 - but I know they're gonna sell a lot of the 42s

or, why not a 42 in .380, 9mm or .40, others offer a choice of different calibers, why not glock ?

I've got 5 glocks but I won't be buying either of these new offerings

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    What purpose does the 42 serve? There are much smaller 380 compacts out there that have proven reliable. At its size it should be a 9mm without a doubt.

Whisky

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    What purpose does the 42 serve?..

would guess "it serves" the want of thousands of glockies who have been screaming for glock to make a .380 available to them

but I agree, a SS 9 would have been better (in my mind anyway) - as much respect as I have for glocks there's not one of these in my future.....(but even if a SS 9 came out I wouldn't get it - my g26 "works" for me - 10 rounds of 9mm and can use any of the 9mm mags I've got, including the "happy stick", if need be)

Last edited:

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    What purpose does the 42 serve? There are much smaller 380 compacts out there that have proven reliable. At its size it should be a 9mm without a doubt.

Concealable .380s are very hot right now. Even being a little bigger it will sell well. The larger size should make it a little more pleasant to shoot than other .380s, and the caliber will make it a lot nicer to shoot than the same thing in 9MM. Everyone wants a single stack 9MM until they shoot one.

I have to say I'm disappointed by two things. 1.) It's more sub-compact than micro. It would be nice if Glock would make a .380 that could fit in a bra holster for my girlfriend. 2.) If it's got to be that big you'd think they could have fir an extra round in there. My P3AT is quite a bit smaller yet has the same capacity. My PF9 is almost identical in size and holds one more round.

I hope someone at least makes a +1 grip extension for it. I love the one on my 27.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Also; it drives me crazy Glock is still making their smaller guns without rails. Yeah, I know almost no one will use them anyway, but it's not like it costs anything more to make them that way. The PF9 proves the concept is doable. It's a very niche feature, but not putting one on there just doesn't make any sense to me.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    the sig p238 is a dream to shoot - don't see how it could be better than that

Haven't shot one, but there's two things:

1.) Pretty mucha Glock vs. 1911 element.
    2.) Glock is a little less pricey and has that nice Tenifer or whatever the Hell they're calling it now.

Not saying Glock is gona have an easy time selling these; they aren't. I predict these will fly of the shelves for a few months, maybe a year. This MIGHT cause Glock to start increasing production. After that year they will sell like the niche gun they are, and Glock may be stuck with lots an lots of 42s they have to sell at discount. These things are gonna be like the Elvis doll of Glocks.

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    The micro 380 phase was about 3-4 years ago. Now 9mms are coming out in this size frame and smaller. Why would you want a 380 when you can have 9mm in the same size frame? I know there are glock fans that will buy anything glock but for those that are objective to guns I don't see the allure. 9mm is not a rough recoiling round at all. I had an XDS 45, own a shield 9mm and neither of those was as rough as my xd subcompact 40 recoil wise. I just don't see what this gun accomplishes better than anything else out there. Maybe 4-5 years ago people were asking for this gun when everyone was wanting a pocket pistol 380 but 9mm pocket pistols are the rage now and this gun is neither.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom