• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Whisky

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    ..Why would you want a 380 when you can have 9mm in the same size frame?..

we have both the sigs - 238 & 938 (.380 & 9mm) - my Wife doesn't like the recoil of my 938 but loves her 238 - so I'd say...that's "why"
    DK Firearms

sonuvaTXgun

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Borger, TX
    Not sure I want to have another caliber of handgun. .45 and 9mm are about as much as I need. Glad Glock is releasing these though.

-TXG-

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Arent there already 2 other .380 Glocks that are illegal in the US because the Saturday night special definition on imports?

Yes, and they are fairly pointless to own outside of gun collecting due to the fact they are straight blowback and probably recoil at least as much as their 9MM delayed blowback counterparts.

Also, if I'm not mistaken they are banned not so much because they are "Saturday night specials," but rather they are not considered sporting firearms. You remember that part of the Second Amendment that mentions sporting firearms, don't you? :bomb:

Odiferous

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Evans, Georgia
    Here's my plan: Some dude will just HAVE to have the G42, but will have to part with his G19 (I know, but it's MY plan), and I'll get a G19 dirt cheap.

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    ...Also, if I'm not mistaken they are banned not so much because they are "Saturday night specials," but rather they are not considered sporting firearms. You remember that part of the Second Amendment that mentions sporting firearms, don't you? :bomb:

Its because they dont score enough points on this system: http://www.atf.gov/files/forms/download/atf-f-5330-5.pdf
    It was designed to stop the importation of "Saturday Night Specials".

Easy CZ

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2013
    Oklahoma, aka North Texas
    I've never seriously considered a .380 ACP, but that may change with the G42. Might make a great last resort BUG - a double secret probation BUG. Yeah. That's the ticket.

But, I'm buying that sweet new Remington R-51 9mm first.

yrejyjyh.jpg

9evede4a.jpg

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Actually, it was designed to further infringe on American's 2A rights, but I get what ya mean....

Devil's advocate: the Constitution doesn't specify "what" arms. That's the point of debate in this specific case. Some argue that means everything, others argue that as long as people can have SOME arms that meets the spirit of the law.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Hehe, GT's is certainly expecting to sell the hell out of these. Saw this this morning... note that LE Pricing includes many first responders, military, etc. I'm really considering a 41, as my 21 has been a trusted sidearm for a long, long time. If we ever became an open carry state I'd consider the 41, as there's no way in hell I'm concealing that bastard. :)

ad-rot-glock4142b.jpg

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Devil's advocate: the Constitution doesn't specify "what" arms. That's the point of debate in this specific case. Some argue that means everything, others argue that as long as people can have SOME arms that meets the spirit of the law.

Doesn't have to. "Arms" does not have a complicated definition. "The right of the people to keep and bear SOME arms" is not what 2A says.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    I wonder if the 41 takes 21 mags. If so, that might seal the deal for me...

Edit: Looks like it does. SWEET!

Last edited:
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom