new GM ownership

Discussion in 'Politics' started by DCortez, Apr 27, 2009.

1. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    Did anyone catch the actual numbers? I heard something along 10 billion owed to the UAW will be exchanged for 39% ownership and 27 billion owed to bond holders for 10% ownership (can you believe that crap?).

Any info would be appreciated.

2. M. Sage

M. Sage TGT Addict

Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Wow. If the UAW owns 39% of GM, things could get interesting. I see that going one of two ways:

UAW continues being commies and vote themselves even higher wages and better benefits, while lowering wages/bennies for the guys wearing the white shirts, meaning the company is run worse and turns out worse-designed product...

UAW realizes, now that they're responsible for cutting paychecks, that being commies isn't cool. I really don't see this one happening, the first is a lot more likely IMO.

3. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    The wife bought a new microwave a few weeks back. My son asked why she bought the Emerson instead of GE. She said, "I don't want to bring it back when your father sees who made it". Now Emerson may very well be a GE with a different name tag, I don't know.

The point is, I'll boycott GM.

4. res1b3uq

res1b3uq Active Member

Feb 14, 2009
    union

Some of you may recall, the unions shut down Eastern Air Lines, thus putting them all out of a job. They'll gut it.:banghead:

5. baboon

baboon Well-Known

G.M. Owns Ditech (leading provider of mortgage, refinance, FHA and jumbo home loans.) Just think how many sub prime loans they made to UAW member on houses in Detroit that are worth nothing.:banghead: These cockroaches are paying big bonuses & flat out stealing money while you & I pay for it. I'll bet if you were to seach ACORN is tied into G.M. in a big way. Talk about buying an election

6. 308nato

308nato TGT Addict

I just saw on the news that they are scrapping Pontiac and laying off
    21,000 more workers.

7. kingofwylietx

kingofwylietx Well-Known

Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
  8. country_boy

country_boy TGT Addict

Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    yep no more Pontiac. No more GTO and no more firebird. I wonder if saturn, hummer, buick, and saab will remain? As long as Chrysler remains Ill be ok.

9. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
  10. M. Sage

M. Sage TGT Addict

Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    They should have shut down Saab years ago. What crappy cars... Hummer should die a quick death; nobody is buying those.