• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tex929rr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2015
    Welfare, TX
    Ravenwood grips came in for my Para Slim Hawg. The package sat at the PO for the week of the freeze. These were sort of a one off as Jason had only done one set for a Slim Hawg LDA, so I could order the wood and finish as I liked. Really happy with these. The Para “Black Watch” finish is really good looking but easily scratched.
    52C3C74A-D23E-484F-9A8E-3A8F847A435A.jpeg
    Venture Surplus ad

mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston
    Beautiful gun. Didn't know para made a SLIM hog.
    That doesn't look like the LDA trigger. Am I missing something?

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk

Tex929rr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2015
    Welfare, TX
    Way back in the old days they made a Slim Hawg with a traditional 1911 action.

Almost 30 years ago I shot a friend’s Para P12 and loved it. 3 1/2 barrel, compact double stack. I found a P12 LDA at a gun show and immediately purchased it. This was during the large cap mag ban; it came with a voucher to buy two 12 round factory mags. That was the beginning of my love for 1911’s. I can’t remember exactly when I purchased the Slim Hawg but it’s so small I have carried it a lot. Ravenwood had only made one other set of grips for a Slim Hawg and it was an LDA.

There is nothing wrong with the LDA action but once you get used to carrying cocked and locked there is no need for it (at least that was my experience).

Txhighlander

Truth against the world
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 25, 2021
    Atlanta Tx.
    I like those grips, just don't own a 1911 any more. Might have to save up and find one just for an excuse to buy the the grips.

popo22

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Nice combination, I had a 14-40 LDA as an "on-duty" pistol for a few years until we convinced the dept. to allow 1911 carry. It was a really sweet shooting pistol, and very accurate.

Top Bottom