Join TexasGunTalk

New Gun Owner - 1 Month of Shooting Progress

Discussion in 'Articles & How-Tos' started by jimijames, Jun 14, 2020.

1. EZ-E

EZ-E Freedom vs Tyranny 2020 TGT Supporter

May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    Nice improvement... theres guys that have been shooting longer than you & shoot way worse :roflsmile:

2. Mohawk600

Mohawk600 Well-Known

Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    Keep going OP.............one thing about dry firing.....

When I went through basic training back in 1987.....before we ever went to the live fire range, we practiced dry firing with our M16s. We were in the prone position and the DIs put a washer balanced on the barrel. The goal was to pull the trigger and maintain the washer balanced on the barrel. If you can master that, then you can hold your point of aim.

3. jimbo

jimbo Well-Known

Hello from NRH :usflag:

4. BuzzinSATX

BuzzinSATX Active Member

Dec 20, 2013
    Outside San Antonio
    Pops,

Your simple miscommunication didn’t warrant the droning rant reply. As a simple Glock shooter, let me apologize.

I too have been “over educated” by a different “certified Glock trainer Armorer” on another forum who thought he had to enlighten me on the “Glock certified armorer training” he received when I made a post that the spell checker had incorrectly edited (not here).

Some folks love to over complicate an extremely simple, 20+ year old design that anyone with You Tube, basic mechanical skills, and a 3/32 punch can detail strip and reassemble in under an hour.

Rant over...

Last edited: Jul 26, 2020
    popsgarland likes this.
  5. BuzzinSATX

BuzzinSATX Active Member

Dec 20, 2013
    Outside San Antonio
    Deleted