• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Utah

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Hi Shady!

I'm new to Austin as well, and I'm a GLOCK guy. I've got a suggestion for you and your wife -- take a look at Glock Sport Shooting Foundation to see the GLOCK Sport Shooting Foundation and what they do. There are competitions held around the country for us GLOCK folks, and the events are a lot of fun. It doesn't matter if you shoot the whole things in 45 seconds or 1000 seconds, the real reason is to have fun in a safe, controlled environment. An added benefit is that, after you've been a member for a year, you can buy one GLOCK per year at about $30 over police pricing. I believe it's $35 to join, $25 a year after that, and each category you shoot at a competition is $25. There is an amateur category that most people shoot.

The next event around here is in San Antonio on December 7-8. If you sign up, tell 'em I sent you (and you can PM me to find out who "I" am). I'll be there on the 7th, and would be happy to take y'all down with me if you like.

Utah

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Yeah I have owned my Glock for less then a month and have gone to the range at 6 times already. I'm one of those practice makes perfect type of guys so I will be living at my range lol:D

If you would like some free instruction sometime, I'd be happy to go to the range with you, and your wife if she cares to join us. The only range I've gone to in the Austin area was when I took the CHL class, and that wasn't much of a skill builder. ;)

Top Bottom