• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    22.50 meh Ill pass. County Line is opening soon and its 100 a year as well as Lonestar at 100 a year. Im in kyle so thats super close but I'm not oaying that kind od money when other options are available.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    22.50 meh Ill pass. County Line is opening soon and its 100 a year as well as Lonestar at 100 a year. Im in kyle so thats super close but I'm not oaying that kind od money when other options are available.
    I hear 'ya. ARC is $100 per year also, unlimited visits, no per day range fees.

ag1052

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 9, 2013
    Im in Kyle too. Its nice to have one that close and I think Ill check it out once but I dont think think the proximity will do much to sway me from mostly going to the other ranges in the area.

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    The website says 200yd, so is it 200 or 250? If the county line range ends up being nice and has its 300yd line running for 100 a year I believe itll be hard to beat for us south of austin folks. Is there an annual membership option?

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    Price is a big turn off for me as well, but on the flip side, if you have to drive X miles to get to the next range that is $5 ... $10 cheaper, did you really save anything?

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    Price is a big turn off for me as well, but on the flip side, if you have to drive X miles to get to the next range that is $5 ... $10 cheaper, did you really save anything?
    For me, yes. I go to the range more than 5 times a year so essentially going to either of the other ranges near me is free after I go 5 times. If they offer a year pass for 100 and the range is 250 then I will seriously consider it. If county line turns out to be nice and they open the 300yd range soon then I will become a member of their range. Lonestar is the farthest for me, is nasty as hell when it rains and is only 100yds but it has a year membership thus Im a member since I like to go atleast twice a month to the range.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    I've been a backer of County Line -since it's in my hood - but the $100 yearly price says:

BIG news for everyone who has been asking about memberships:

County Line Shooting Center memberships are now available! Members receive a 30% discount on all shooting activities.

Not free shooting once you've paid the price for a membership. You'd have to figure how many times you go.

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    As I understand it from the email I had with the owner, the $100 gets you unlimited to the firing lines but stuff like skeet and trap you will get a discount on. That's the way I understood it. Makes no sense to pay 100 then only get a 30% discount on the range fee every time you go. If that is the case and I misunderstood then it looks like I will stay with Lonestar. I sent them a message on facebook to confirm their policy.

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    For me, yes. I go to the range more than 5 times a year so essentially going to either of the other ranges near me is free after I go 5 times. If they offer a year pass for 100 and the range is 250 then I will seriously consider it. If county line turns out to be nice and they open the 300yd range soon then I will become a member of their range. Lonestar is the farthest for me, is nasty as hell when it rains and is only 100yds but it has a year membership thus Im a member since I like to go atleast twice a month to the range.

But even then, how much are you spending in gas to save $300 over a year?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    Not much, I take the wifes car which gets well over 30mpg when I go to the range. I probably average 20 trips a year so I wouldn't burn anywhere near $340 in gas extra going to my current range. That's over 3000 miles worth of gas and Lonestar is only an extra 20 miles each way.

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    I've been a backer of County Line -since it's in my hood - but the $100 yearly price says:

BIG news for everyone who has been asking about memberships:

County Line Shooting Center memberships are now available! Members receive a 30% discount on all shooting activities.

Not free shooting once you've paid the price for a membership. You'd have to figure how many times you go.

It seems I misunderstood the email from them. You are correct your 100 bucks only buys you a 30% discount on anything. So essentially if you don't shoot trap or skeet you would have to make ~33 trips to break even. Seems like a stupid way to structure the pricing. Looks like I will be continuing to go to Lonestar for load development and when county line eventually gets the 300 up line running I'll visit every once in a while to test out my long range loads before heading to the 1000yd line at Best of the West. That's really unfortunate as I was looking forward to using their range a lot. Maybe this new range will offer memberships.

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    Cody

The membership does not give you unlimited trips. It would be a 30% discount per visit.

When we open, we will have 50 and 100 yard distances for the rifle. The 300 yard range will come a little later.

Dean Murphy

Really unfortunate as I believe this policy will keep people who go to the range often and bring new business with them from coming.

Also looked up the shooting ranch membership and they want 40 a MONTH for unlimited. Holy crap, I was really excited about these new ranges opening to have some other choices but dawn they're pricing themselves out of my usage.

Last edited:

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    I know Manor is too far for some of you guys to drive, depending on where you live, but I keep telling people that ARC is $100 per year, period. No range fees and unlimited use of ranges. You can come every day of the year and it still only costs $100, unless you participate in the hosted matches. The down side to ARC, for me, it that the max is 200 yds, but the action bays are a big plus.

Top Bottom