• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hogrider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Texas
    I found the following gun related resource lately.
    cut a pasted the following:
    logo_300px.png

On April 15th, I launched WhichGun.com, a firearms reference and buying guide that I have been working on as a personal project. Some TFL members had done some testing prior to launch, and I've received feedback from other visitors about small bugs and glitches. These are all fixed, so I am very proud to announce that WhichGun.com is open and ready.

The firearms directory contains information, specifications, photos, user ratings, and user comments on over 1,000 firearms, with more added daily. If you need help choosing your next gun, WhichGun.com can certainly help to narrow down your list of possibilities, and perhaps guide you towards models that you had not previously heard of or considered.

The semi-automatic pistols directory is complete, and the revolvers directory is about 75% complete (I have all current S&W, Ruger, and Taurus revolvers in the database). I expect all 4 sections (pistols, revolvers, rifles, and shotguns) to be complete within 2 weeks.

After the firearms directory is finished, the next step is articles, followed by a directory of local FFL's, shooting ranges, gunsmiths, etc.

Any comments, suggestions, and constructive criticism is appreciated -- please contact me at info@whichgun.com and let me know your thoughts about the site. I know I need to improve the filtering/searching system, as it is currently limited to only one filter option at a time. You can search for all full-size pistols, all SIG Sauer pistols, or all 9x19mm pistols, but you cannot search for all full-size 9x19mm SIG Sauer pistols. This improvement is already on my to-do list for the site.

Thanks again, and I hope that many TFL members find WhichGun.com useful.

-Justin L. Franks
    Owner, WhichGun.com
    info@whichgun.com
    Texas SOT

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Excellent resource! I'll say this much, having been in firearms sales for 2 years, choosing which gun has to be the number one question I've heard. I always tell people, there are a million different types, there's no perfect one (I know because I'm still looking for it!), and it's really a matter of personal preference. For people to be able to easily see the stats and pics side by side like that, I think a lot of people will find that useful.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    setter1
    Top Bottom